Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A half eighth is 1.75 people

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Smokey55109, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Half eighth, half of an eighth
    What's so hard to understand

2. [quote name='"Smokey55109"']Oh we say dub referring to a 20 sack. I live in a ghetto area so we're all broke.[/quote]

I buy dubs or half eights here we call a half eight a halfsack.

3. I know what it means, but who buys such an amount?

Another term that I never understood was "half quarter." Why not just say 1/8?

4. buying 1.75 just isnt possible here. nobody will sell that amount, because its fucking laughable.

a lot of dealers here wont even sell under an eighth because 20-30$ for an eighth is just so cheap.

5. Poor college kids who's income is plasma donating D:

Edit: an eigth is 50 here and half eight goes for 25 or 20 depending on dealers

6. ...if you wanna get REAL technical a half 8th is actually a sixteenth(1/16th)

7. Can I get a half .5?

8. Believe it or not but I have bought 5 pound half grams before, its a little joint. I don't see the problem lol. How is it laughable if you only have a fiver lol

9. Doesn't it make more sense to just buy 2 G's instead of 1.75?

10. Somehow the suburbs north of Minneapolis Minnesota developed the term "dime" and "dub" to mean half 8th and 8th.

It still makes me chuckle every time I buy some bud. I have to ask for a dime or a dub when really its 1.75 or or 3.5 that I'm buying. :rolleyes:

Still remember the first time I said 8th to a dealer in the area and he said what's that. :laughing:

11. This sounds so silly. One fraction of another fraction? Convert to metric, already.

12. Lucky for us we don't have that mathematical worry in London because people here are fucking stupid and use the term 'eighth' to refer to £20 bags of like 1.5g-2g which I never understood.

13. An eighth is called a henry... henry the eighth

14. Which is 1.75g...

15. I call half 8th teens. As in a sixTEENth

16. Where I'm from, everyone does 30\60. Half eighths are common as hell here.

17. i dont know about you but who buys that much...thats a joint..:smoke:

18. half eighths, quarters, half an O, yes, all the references that clearly refer to WEIGHT seem to make sense.

Now, if you want to see why this entire thread is pointless, put up a simple poll and ask people what a "dub" means. Two options in the poll. "Dub" refers to weight or cost.

You'll see how bad the results get, and you'll quickly know why the confusion exists and will likely continue. We can't even come to an agreement on the definition of one very common term.

But hey, as long as it is clear between two people (you and your dealer), then I guess we shouldn't care if you call 7 grams a "Hamburgler". It just gets pointless when trying to discuss it in large groups, that's all. Everybody seems to have their own way of doing things the world over.

19. THIS.

Like I said, in the burbs of northern Minnesota dime and dub are not $10 and $20, they are 30/60 half 8th and 8th. Everyone knows it, and that's what everyone goes by. If you go to a dealer expecting a $20 bag when you ask for a dub around here you'll be mighty surprised when he shows up with an 8th of bud.

20. [quote name='"Olesmoky"']THIS.

Like I said, in the burbs of northern Minnesota dime and dub are not $10 and $20, they are 30/60 half 8th and 8th. Everyone knows it, and that's what everyone goes by. If you go to a dealer expecting a $20 bag when you ask for a dub around here you'll be mighty surprised when he shows up with an 8th of bud.[/quote]

What city in mn?
    People in my city go by 8th 3.5 gramss