Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A Guide for Losing Weight And Building Self Control Using Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by blackjack, May 3, 2012.

1. Marijuana is a natural way to lose weight and build self-control and discipline to help improve weight loss.

Here's how:
    -Marijuana naturally raises your heart rate and lowers your blood pressure which acts as a natural cardiovascular protector for healthy individuals. Your heart rate increases which can trick your body into thinking your doing very mild exercise while under little stress (lower blood pressure)

-Eating healthy and not indulging to munchie binging while this elevated heart rate is occuring while consequently aid in burning more calories throughout your day. Drinking plenty of water while under the influence will act in flushing your body of toxins and waste more easily while your heart is working slightly harder than normal.

-Use marijuana as a reward for doing exercise and eating healthy. Treat yourself to a toke after eating a healthy meal or going for a brisk jog and drinking plenty of fluids.

-Replace soda with marijuana and reap better benefits. Replacing caffiene with THC will increase serotonin in the brain and keep you feeling healthier than if you had a soda.

More to follow! :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  2. -If you crave fatty foods while you get the munchies, try easing yourself into eating healthier foods and then smoke a little more once you've done so. Follow this routine until you've made a full transformation to eliminating all fatty foods during your high and eventually your life.

-Try not to smoke past a buzz. Don't get disastrously high after or before a workout. This should only be acceptable at parties just like you don't want to drink yourself to oblivion by yourself. Smoke responsibly and start using marijuana as a tool to better your life rather than just an escape. It can work.

3. This guy ^^^ :wave:

How high is too high? #stonerproblems

4. If you trip over your own feet on the treadmill, accidentally start dropping weights, or walk into the doors at the gym and buy all the shakes and bars they have, you're probably too high!

5. I've been smoking daily and I actually lost weight... 5'9", 155 lbs now... I'm close to welterweight status lol. Going to basic training soon though and gotta figure out how to work out without killing my high.

6. [quote name='"master blur"']I've been smoking daily and I actually lost weight... 5'9", 155 lbs now... I'm close to welterweight status lol. Going to basic training soon though and gotta figure out how to work out without killing my high.[/quote]

Basic like the army? You know they DT, right?

7. I only go once a month... and I wont be smoking during basic, or tech school.

8. I don't know man. You might be playing with fire there.

9. This is an awesome thread

10. I smoke a huge cracker before I go running.... Right now the prefered strain is super lemon haze. It's awesome, I get so high that I literally float for the first couple of miles :)

11. I should really start to get into this, I'm really starting to feel fat. :(

12. I too used mj to lose weight. Its 100% self control for me. If i became hungry in between meals if blaze to take my mind off it and id be fine. About 40lbs in all

13. #13 Asthmatic, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    There is mounting evidence that suggests cannabinoids are anabolic agents and can be used that way. It is waht I'm trying to do as I look for the answer to osteoporosis. If you have herd about endorphins and the runners high they have subsequently determined that it is not the endorphins that are the primary source of pleasure but endocannabinoids.

Read "Wired to run: exercise-induced endocannabinoid signaling in humans and cursorial mammals with implications for the ʻrunnerʼs high'".

Here is the link: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...te951bqrm7LLx6EPDuAdw&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.cGE

Be careful about reducing fat my M.D. has me on a low Carb diet and while fat is controlled she considers it critically important to control carbohydrate. I've lost 100 Lb. following her advice. That is where the endocannabinoids come form. Fish Oils particularly EPA and DHA are especially important precursors of our endocannabinoids.

14. YES!! I think this is what I needed to read, I smoke nearly everyday and smoke myself until I knock out on the couch then I'm so high I can't even control myself and I give into the munchies.

I just realized that I should treat MJ just the way I treat alcohol, I thought MJ was controlling my life and causing problems, but in reality I was abusing the bud.

From now on I think I will use bud as a reward for the productive shit I do, instead of the other way around, usually smoke and forget to do the productive shit!