A great spiritual / philisophical book

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by ComplexThoughts, Jan 2, 2009.

1. I got this book for Christmas that my friend was telling me about called "The Celestine Prophecy". It's a very interesting book with a lot of interesting spiritual aspects, not to mention a great story line.

It's about a Manuscript ( no, not like a movie, lol ) found in Peru with 9 key insights to life in it. And once the world completes the nine insights, we'll have discovered the true meaning of life. It's not a true story in any way, obviously, but it's still a great read, especially if you've just toked up.

But hey even if you're sober, it's still a great read!

You'll find yourself having a new perspective of life itself when you're done.

2. I'm about 1/4 of the way through my first read of 'Atlas Shrugged'. Also a very insightful book (perhaps not as spiritually, but certainly philosophically).

I don't mean or attempt to hijack the thread here, but I'd be most grateful if people could post some other books that enshrine these quality.

3. Read some Ayn Rand :smoking:

4. Haha, no worries, but who's that by so I can pick up a copy?

5. Haha... Yeah, sorry. Just smoked my first bowl, after being dry in a blizzard for a few days, so that detail slipped my mind somehow.

The Author, as suggested above, is Ayn Rand.

6. Noted, I'm gonna check it out, once I read it I'll post and we can discuss it! haha