A good horror movie?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by thedeadwalkk, May 7, 2011.

1. Okay blades, I come to you in my time i've need. I NEED TO BE SCARED. I mean really scared. I haven't watched a horror movie in the past 6 years that hasn't scared me.

I was brought up on horror movies, i've been watching them ever since I was 5 years old. Heck, I watched IT when I was 5 years old, I watched the exorcist when I was 8 years old. My dad scared me so shitless as a kid, I was sleeping in their bed until I was 10 years old. But now? no movies scare me.

So blades show me your best, show me movies that will scare me so bad, I won't be able to sleep with the lights off, or blaze by myself. I need to be scared.

Find a movie that'll scare me sober, cause odds are I won't be blazing, however if someone reccomends a movie that seems legit scary, i'll pause it, and blaze.

DO YOUR FUCKING WORST

2. [REC]

Intense and terrifying.

3. Noroi: The Curse
    Ringu

4. someone please find me an online link to Ringu or [Rec], and make sure its the original japanese versions, NOT the american remakes, i've been trying to find them forever

5. drag me to hell

6. HTML:

Think theres a site called AsianHorrorMovies.com or something man, they have everything :)

7. My man :cool:

8. I would watch The Orphanage or the Devil's backbone. Both films are in Spanish but subtitles should never be the cause of missing out on good movies. America has failed in the last couple years with horror movies so all the best stuff is foreign. If a good horror movie is made by an American we usually get the shaft and have to wait forever for it to be release here. A good example of this is the Poughkeepsie Tapes. Its a great serial killer horror movie that has been seen everywhere except in the states. I can honestly say I have never seen a horror movie that scares me and I have been watching them for 20 years. I think its going to happen eventually but not from Hollywood pg13 horror trash.

9. Hmm, try watching Noroi: The Curse if you can? I'm a huge horror fan, and this is the only film which left me shaken after. If you go along with it, your in for a fright :D

Edit: Yeah the Poughkeepsie Tapes is a pretty good film. Was hearing a load of stuff about it last year as well.

10. I will check that movie out. Horror is my favorite genre and I am always looking for more. I would also reccomend R-Point. It always slips my mind when people ask for horror movies. It takes place during Vietnam War from Korean point of view. It is a ghost story but has an interesting setting. Also anyone else think horror movies with dolls are creepy?

11. I vaguely remember R-Point. He starts seeing ghosts in that building at the end with a blindfold or something. Yeah it's pretty good,, creepy. I also enjoyed Ab-normal Beauty quite a lot.

12. Inside
    Martyrs
    Them
    Broken
    High Tension
    Frontiers
    The Dark Hours

13. Yea, that is R-Point. I would also like to mention The Seventh Seal. Its in my top 5 horror movies of all time. I think its Danish? Its about a guy who comes back from the crusades and plays a game of chess against death. It came out in the late 50's but don't let that dissuade you it is awesome. Inside is an awesome movie couchcommando as long with the rest of that list. Good marathon right there.

14. Sounds interesting, never heard of it before, so i'll have a look out,

I've always wanted to see High Tension, but its one of those films you always forget about lol

15. I can't watch that Noroi movie.
    I know its racist, but I was watching the trailer with my buddy, and we were harsh laughing at that japanese girl speak, it was too funny lol

16. Hollywood horror movies are lacking. They are absolute shit, maybe they are good enough to scare a 10 year old. Foreign films are almost always were its at.

Deciding between The dark hours, or Rec tonight. Probably Rec

17. lol fair enough, it's a solid movie though. I definitely agree with Hollywood lacking, the last decent remake was The Ring.

18. The Shining
    Jacob's Ladder
    Alien
    Hostel
    Jaws
    Halloween

19. There honestly aren't any "Scary" movies out there.
    Some good movies.

Martyrs
    Rec
    The Ring
    Ju-On
    Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
    High Tension
    Resident Evil 1 :rolleyes: (Ok I admit, first time I saw it I was flippin')
    Frailty
    Devil's Backbone
    Event Horizon
    In the Mouth of Madness (Not very scary but good movie)
    Kazaam
    The Changeling
    Cube
    Bug
    The Descent
    Audition
    Tale of Two Sisters
    Session 9
    Original Black Christmas
    The Thing
    Re-animator series (Great movies! Humor!)
    Buried (Very good acting, very realistic, not exactly horror)
    Suspiria
    Jesus Camp
    Teeth (My boner was horrified)

Blah blah blah, the list goes on forever. I can vouch for these movies, they do as much as anything you can probably find. The really good ones are probably locked away in my brain somewhere and I just cant bring them to mind. I'll be sure to add more when they come up. If you're into tons of gore/graphical shit then I got a list longer than this one.

Audition, Frailty, High Tension, Martyrs are probably the top few of the list. Best of luck bud and i'll be sure to update shortly. :cool:

20. hahaha at Kazaam :D

That's an awesome list. I've seen most of those, but there's a few I gotta get my hands on. I've been meaning to see Bug for a while.

A lot of people don't like the film, but I thought Kairo was real creepy.