A good friend was lost today

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Hypnotic, Mar 6, 2014.

1. A friend of mine was taken from us by cancer today. Here's hoping that she's at peace now, and that she doesn't have to suffer anymore.

This bowl goes out for you :(

2. This is the first time someone I've known and been around a lot has died. Its an entirely new feeling and it definitely sucks. We talk about death and joke around, but it's strange knowing you won't ever be able to see them again

3. Sorry for your loss, man. My condolences go out to you and his family/friends. 

I always think that too... Weird how one person can make such a difference in your life. We seem to take so many of our friendships and relationships for granted, like they'll always be there and that's by far the case. 

Today, inspired by this post, I will be especially grateful for my family and homies. 

Take it easy, dude.

4. I'm sorry to hear that man. It's tough for sure. My thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need somebody to talk to message me.

5. RIP. I know how you feel, one girl who I was close with died In December it really doesn't feel real, like you just saw them one day and the next all they can be is a memory...it hurts but it takes time.

6. Getting older makes it all too real. so many old friends are gone that are much younger then I. It just dont seem right.

7. Damn i'm sorry to hear that. Atleast no more suffering. It's a strange feeling indeed. I still can't quite accept it.

8. damn :( im sorry for your loss. I'll smoke this bowl for her too. 

9. im sorry to hear that, packing a "in memory of" at the moment, wishing you the best of vibes sent your way.

10. Thanks guys, it helps. I feel like if I better understood the medical benefits of cannabis sooner I could've offered her that option instead of being killed by radiation treatment. I know its not my fault she never had the choice, but I know it could have saved her

11. Thinking of the 'what ifs' like that only makes things worse. You don't know that mm could have done anything to her situation. Regardless, there's nothing you can do now. all that matters is that she left with a good friend by her side. Your memory of her will live on and your experiences together will be cherished. I'm sorry for your loss man. RIP

12. Well, as life would have it, another friend of mine was taken by a stroke today. We were in church and he fell unable to breathe. He was ushered to a hospital where he died. This week totally blows man :(

13. I'm sorry mate. I too recently lost a good friend!

knives heated dull red
    release sweet smoky nectar
    I am lifted high

14. So very sorry for both of your losses. May you and his family find peace.

"Picture you and me in a cabin by the sea, sit up on the porch and we can burn a couple trees."

15. Loving God, please comfort each grieving heart in the waves of pain that frequently engulf it.
    Sustain it when dark mourning closes out all light of comfort and hope, and when prayer seems no longer possible.

Obtain the gentle understanding and warm companionship of others to nurture the stricken heart and lead it towards hope and new life. Sustain it with faith and bring it to true generosity of spirit even in its sorrow.

Loving God, have pity on that terrible grief, that chasm of loss, the emptiness that stretches before the bereaved as they embrace their dead in their desolate hearts. Let them find hope in Your Son's resurrection even when their hearts are still frozen with grief.

In Your great love and mercy, please lead bereaved persons to find new hope and new direction that brings relief and peace to their lives.
    Guide them to live in loving kindness to all those around them, for all of us find times of loneliness and sorrow and loss in our lives.
    Let grief lead us to live in deeper compassion and greater practical kindness for each other person.

AMEN

16. Op, I'm so sorry to hear that. Will be losing a loved one to the same fate as well.

But take the wisdom and the things you learned from her and apply it. She's not here, but you can carry on her way so to speak. Don't really know how to say it

17. Well there is a bright side to all this sadness. It makes you realize your life is so fragile and death is always right around the corner. Everyday I wake up it feels wonderful to be alive, the colors are more vibrant, and the emotions I feel are more pronounced. I want to live every day with meaning as a way to respect those who have passed away!

18. You said the words I was lost on. That's a very good outlook on life you have sir :)
    Wish you all the best :)

19. RIP. Smoking one for her. My mother-in-law is dying of colon cancer right now... I hear ya. Cancer sucks.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk