a gallon of water in the morning?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Cloud10_2003, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Im starting to workout again and everytime i go and start i get this feeling that im going too throw up all of the lights outside are like increased x10 and i feel like im going too throw up....ive decided im either dehydrated or its because i eat 30 mins before...so im stopping the eating before and also i want to chug a gallon of water in the morning and them continue my regular drinking habits does that sound good or what?

2. Drink water while you work out, there is no point in chugging a gallon of water, it will make you feel awful.

I usually take a gallon container (empty milk jug, whatever) and fill it up before i hit the gym and don't leave until its finished.

I'm not saying don't drink water before you work out, because you should. Eating doesnt really have anything to do with it, i eat before and after i work out.

3. You need to eat before you workout. Eat a big healthy meal and wait an hour before you go. I drink about a gallon of water a day, maybe more.

and definitely drink water in between sets.

4. [quote name='"TheDankDude"']Drink water while you work out, there is no point in chugging a gallon of water, it will make you feel awful.

I usually take a gallon container (empty milk jug, whatever) and fill it up before i hit the gym and don't leave until its finished.

I'm not saying don't drink water before you work out, because you should. Eating doesnt really have anything to do with it, i eat before and after i work out.[/quote]

Yeah but my thing is theres the nearest gym is like 40 miles away so i run or will ride my bike about 5-10 miles everymorning then go out and play basketball in the afternoons...since i have no car how will i carry a gallon of water with me? Lol

5. Im only doing cardio now but i am getting a weight set soon but yea

6. Just listen to your body. If you feel like puking, slow the hell down. Drink if you are thirsty but don't force water out of fear of dehydration. That can be dangerous.

7. Don't drink that much water at once, it's not good for you. Especially long term.

8. #8 8ight, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    i used to feel sick when i first started going to the gym.

try eating oatmeal about 45 minutes before you go. worked for me. add some raisins, honey, and cinnamon and oatmeal is a fucking treat, i love it. :)

also, take it easy at the gym. maybe drop the weight a bit, and do the exercising slower. actually, this would be a good time to really learn proper form. move slow and at lower weights than normal, and really pay attention to your body. when i first started working out, i was beginning too heavy and going too fast to compensate--i think this is mostly what lead to me feeling sick. when i slowed down, dropped the weights, and really focused on my form i felt great. better results, too.

edit: oops, disregard that last part--didn't see you were just doing cardio right now.

9. are you pregnant? if you wish i shall kick you down flight of stairs!

10. Maybe you have an STI or cancer

I doubt it but you never know

11. I know exactly the feeling you are talking about. Its just cause you are a bit out of shape and haven't worked out in a while. I eat about 30 min before workouts and have no problems, try to drink water throughout the day also. You will be fine after you get a few workouts under your belt.

12. #12 John222, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    Its natural to have a huge thirst after 30-40 minutes of a meal. Our stomach and body required water to equalize the energy and heat. But don't drink too much water like you mentioned. 2-3 glasses in the morning are fine. And I read somewhere that cold water is more useful to burn fat than normal.

Dundee Fitness Trainer