a fucking snake bit me in the ankle....is thc and snake venuim a bad combination?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by letsmokeasweet, Oct 8, 2015.

1. idk when I hear about snake bites they describe the pain similar to getting hit with a sledge hammer so that's what I always thought it would be like
    but basicly I was walking though some weeds and tall grass when I felt two quick pinches, kinda felt gentle but I felt it lol
    right away i thought it qA a snake bite me because of wjhere I was at
    and as I was sprinting away I turned and saw that mother fucker coiled up, couldn't tell what it was cause of the light but i could tell he was moving his head a lot
    when I looked at it inside, I didn't hurt, kinda felt like a bee sting and there was only one puncture wound and a little bruise next to it. there was a stream of blood coming out though
    so I wasnt sure wtf
    I wanted to go to the er but honestly I didn't feel like waiting, plus I don't have insurance and you know how we all hate those non insured people lol
    eventually went to the er latter on that night, waited like five mins, they took me inside, by then I started throwing up and feeling like shit.
    the nurse did their thing, I waited for the financial people to come, but they didn't come until I feel asleep later on near the end
    the doc came in and sure enough he the snake basically nicked me with one fang and didn't break the skin on the other side
    idk, I think I somehow moved or reacted or something when it tried to get me. it fucked my foot up, the bite is bruising and my foot looks like a bloated foot. the pain is like a sprined ankle you get when the ankle swells up. the area around the bite spot hurts real bad, I cant really walk on it....I think because of the swelling and where it hurts, cant bend my foot or toes.
    the doc ask me if I smoked weed or recreational drugs
    I hesitant at this question and my problem was when they do the blood work they gona find the weed I just smoked right before I drove to the emergency......so I didn't know what to do
    I told her no. what would you have done? she continued on
    left to do her thing and I waited a two hours and the doc came back told me the blood was clotting and it didn't look like I got much if any venuim which was pretty awsome because Im not trying to have a fuck up foot
    but basicly I thought I share my experience with anyone out there who wanted to read this long ass post, maybe someone else had something similar happen
    I think i fucking got lucky!

2. I would have told her.

3. I would have told her no also if I didn't want her to know I smoked. If you are talking about a venomous snake bite, wtf are you going to do? Its not like your going to say " Na, I smoked a joint earlier so I think I will pass on the anti venom".
    If it is a non poisonous snake then marijuana isn't going to cause clotting problems.

And no, snake bites usually don't hurt very bad at all. I've been bit more times than I can count by various sizes and species of non venomous snakes. It's usually more startling than anything.

4. Shouldve just said yeah you wont/cant get in trouble

5. Unless you gave them some reason to order a drug screen on you, I doubt they did. It's not mandatory that every case coming into the ER have a drug screen. They typically just do it in cases where it's called for and if they have some suspicion about the patient. Since you were there for a snake bite, I'm pretty sure the only blood work they would run are the basic panels necessary to get an idea of how much venom you got from the bite and to get baseline numbers on all your labs. You'll not hear anything else from it. Sorry you got bit and sounds like you were pretty lucky. I had a friend who moved deep into the woods with her husband several years ago. The land they bought had a house on it, but it was overgrown and a mess. They cleared off a spot to put their mobile home until they could work on and finish the house. She was coming down the steps one afternoon and when she put her foot on the ground, got hit by a HUGE copperhead. Her foot immediately swelled to triple the normal size and she was in terrible pain. She went to the ER and ended up staying 4 days in the hospital. Her foot swelled up bigger than her head and stayed swelled badly for days and days and it was months before she could walk without crutches. The doctors told her that the bite came from a snake that could've easily killed her if she hadn't gotten treatment. Take care of yourself and be careful from now on!!!!!! TWW

6. some doctors ask that if there is a possibility that a prescription of painkillers would help your symptoms. if you do any drug that's illegal, they see you as a drug abuser and will automatically assume youll abuse the medication and not prescribe you it to cover their ass from the dea.

7. My doctor knows I smoke and she thinks I'm better off than taking what she'd give me. So let's get stoned!

8. True story.. My mates pet snake but his dick once..

9. It maybe saw it as a threat.

10. The thc can cover up the venom, so there might be a lot more venom in your system but the docs don't know cause you smoked weed and didn't tell them,
    Congrats op, see you in the next life!
    Hahahahahah (;

11. God damn dude, you should of just told her, its not like they care, they probably have people in all the time who smoke weed. Where do you live? But if your foot is swollen like I pictured it in my head, go to the emergency room now...best scenario, you are fine, worst cases, you die or they take your foot.

12. Thank you, exactly what I was gonna say. In a situation where I was dealing with a snake bite, I would definitely want some herb, but that ain't all it's gonna need to keep the pain under control.

jah!./*d$*[​IMG]

13. Should have said "Hell yeah I was stoned, that's why I was examining the snake in the first place"

14. Thats crazy! you got a pic?

15. Lie to dr maybe die

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

16. Dying! I mean laughing alot. Snake bites and smoking. These are way better stories than the ones I hear normally. No offense to OP or the seriousness of this but damn, too funny as long as people make it out safe.

17. #17 Ẅest Čoast, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2015
    Your wallet is going to hurt more than your ankle.Uninsured trip to the ER and all.

18. Haha [​IMG]

19. yup well that's why I didn't want to tell her. my problem with it is is that I wan t to tell her so if there is a possibility the weed in my system may conflict with whatever drugs they want to give me....but when you do tell them the truth you are punished by being labled a drug abuser and they wont give you pain medicine for your pain
    what is your doctors name? ill go there!
    hahahaha nah im not ready. I wish I coulda told the doc I smoke weed but they always trip.
    they feel threating by things that make them inferior
    I felt a lot beter whenever I would smoke. but it was only short lived. I would feel sick 90 mins later. I still feel sick to my stomach and its been 4 days now but the weed helps a lot beter then that fake chemical shit
    I thought about it, but no one wants to see that nasty shit lol
    actually didn't look bad
    that's to bad because I want to tell them I smoke weed for that very reason but based on previous personal encounters with the great medical community
    first experiance I am automaticly not giving narcotics
    second experiance i was called a drug addict and that is the real reason for my er visit
    third experiance when my unborn child was involved social services paid my wife and I a "off the record" warning visit while we were at the doctors
    riiiiight that's what I was worried about. I thought about giving a fake ssn or telling them I was an illegal
    but uninsured people get a non insurance discount
    in the end the financial lady told me they were sending a bill for a little less then $300. ill pay that!
    ill probably get other bills

20. You probably will get another bill. Hospitals usually have two bills, one for the nurse care and misc items that were used like towels, bed sheets, blankets, bandages etc. Of course, they charge 5x - 10x the actual price of these items. And then you also get a bill from the doctor that took care of you. Since most Docs are independent contractors, they give you a separate bill.

About 5 years ago I had to go to the ER. I was uninsured and ended up getting a bill for about 3K for 1 hour stay. All they did was hook me up to EKG, took x-ray of my chest, and gave me a shot. After a visit to the financial dept. It was dropped to about $1.8K and I ended up doing the monthly payments of $25/mo. Ask if your hospital has a charity program. If they do and you qualify, you'll pay nothing.