a ? for the 30+ years old....

Discussion in 'General' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. i'm in my early 30's....and it just seems like i'm shitting my life down the toilet.

i was in my last semester of college and lost my house to hurricane katrina. after that, i lost all interest in school and my live in gf.

since then, i just don't care too much about anything.

it seems like everything i thought i knew....i don't. i'm working and have a house but i'm not really going anywhwere with my life.

is it normal for my age to feel this way? or do i need to quit being a pussy and just man up? honestly?

2. I'm high right now, but let me tell you something. You know whats best for you. In your life, no one is going to try and help you because they want to be better than you. Just listen to me for a moment. Think about when you get out of shape, and you start gaining weight. Well no one around you is going to pick you up and MAKE you work out, most don't even say anything because they want to be better. So what you gotta realize man is that when you like.... when you place emphasis on yourself, then that's when you really know for sure what you need to do. No one is going to help you, but you.

3. Yeah, you kinda get that in the 30's, I guess you just one day look around and expect to have more, or have accomplished more in life by now. But you realy dont know what kind of foot prints you have left behind to this stage in your life. It doesnt help thinking that 30 something is old, your just getting started bro. Your just in a funk right now man, loosing your home is devastating, take some time & think things through. Leaving the 20's behind can be depressing just thinking about it, but there's plenty more good down the road, better than what you have seen up until now. Life is like fine Wine my man, it just keeps getting better & better.

4. Nut up......

You're gonna go where you point yourself....

I guess what I'm tryin' to say is if you feel that your life is going nowhere, you have to ask yourself "where are you trying to make it go?" If you're spending all of your time moping around with a case of the "poor me's" and such, then you're gonna be mentally couch-locked.

There's a theory out there, that I subscribe to BTW, that's called the Theory of Attraction. What it basically says is that you will become what you focus on the most. So......If you spend most of your time being consumed about being a down-trotten 30 something with no direction, then you will become a down-trotten 30 something with no direction. However, if you spend most of your time thinking about being a productive member of society, you will do something productive, or if you focus on becoming an artist, you will create something (can't say it will be of good quality, but you'll be creative), if you consume yourself with anything, your life will gravitate towards becoming that.

My advice is to google "Theory of Attraction" and "Meditation". That's how I got through my funkiness.

Hope this helps.....

5. #6 Penelope420, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2008
    A mid-life crisis in his EARLY THIRTIES?? Jesus. Shoot me now.

BMISS- you sound like you might be experiencing depression. Have you talked to your doctor about this? It has nothing to do with not being a man, it's possibly just a chemical imbalance. Possibly even post-traumatic stress, since you did go through Hurricane Katrina (my condolences, btw).

I'm 31 and I definitely have moments of "where the fuck did my life go", but I think that's totally normal.

6. I'm closing in on that half century mark myself. My biggesty downfall was mid 20's to early 30's when I was convicted of of a Grow Op and LSD possession by the DEA. It was devestating and honestly I still do not believe I have recovered fully.

Losing everything you had in Katrina placed a huge setback in your life, as I went to prison, you just simply lost everything, and it seems to happen overnite.

I live by a strict set of rules in my life. I do not try to forget my past, I try to place it behind me. I stopped worrying about what people think and concentrate on my how I feel and what I think. I honestly feel you, I live in an apartment, have a car note, can't seem to come up in my job, but you know what, I have more positive things in my life than these few negatives and I run w/ them. We cannot change the past, we were there, we lived it, we survived it. We cannot change the present b/c we are in it, but what we can change is the life we have ahead of us. Try to concentrate on the more positive aspects of your life, take time to notice the simple little things we all take for granted, and get away from past and the negative things you have experienced.

It takes time. Remember loneliness can be the best company, however it can also be your worst enemy. Imprisonment is not always a physical lock-up, we can create a sense of it anytime in our lives and it is the hardest prison to escape from. Set down, wrote a letter to yourself about all the negative things in your life, past & present, then write another w/ all the positive things past & present. Compare them, then work on what you can change in the negative and cherish and follow through with the positive.

Life can be devastating, fun, hurtful, enjoyable, depressing, funny, but it is all about what we make of it. We are the true rulers of our own destiny. Life is what we make of it, and if we allow others to influence our destiny, we can never be truly happy.

Not sure if this helps, but it is how I now deal w/ lifes ups & downs. I really could care less about what society and others think of me, as long as i'm happy and striving to improve my life. We all have let downs and feel we would like to be where others our age are, but soemtimes it is just a little slower due to the tradgedies we all experience in life.

less

7. i appreciate the positive comments....

yeah, i had a lil too much wine to drink last night and said some stuff i normally wouldn't say out in public like this.

:eek:

8. LOL, yeah been there, which is why I have not had a drink for over 20 yrs. Shit happens; some of us cry, some of us laugh, some of just give up. It is not how often tragedy has struck a person's life that makes us wise; it is how we handle the tragedies that have been experienced that make us wise.

Think about it BMISS, some people on here consider losing a couple nugs a true tragedy. I wish life was just that simple, but as we both know it is not.

Take Care and always remember to look up, then down, then take a second and smell the roses. Life is too short to take even the smallest things as granted. Remember, do not start to worry until you get that feeling of contentment, when we are content w/ life it stops b/c we feel we have nothing to learn and/or nowhere to go further in life. Keep the mindset that we never stop learning and always can move up in our lives, then you will find life seems to get a little more tolerable.

less