A Flowering Goodness

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by PPORTN, May 22, 2018.

1. hey guys. Just after a bit of knowledge please My plants 12days in to flower and i wanted to try sonething ORGANIC To get my plant the goods. I baked egg shells and banana skins got them dry broke them up in a blender to a fine grain placed in pot and boiled for half hour what i got was a dark rich looking liquid. I fed plants this mix. MY QUESTION has this worked? Has it dissolved? Your help would be apreciated Thanks

2. What was the PH after the banana peel eggshell smoothie was concocted? Just curious.

3. 7 bang on

4. What temp? Low and slow? I would think the only concern would be whether or not any compounds / elements could have been destroyed or altered by heat. Did you boil it hard? Simmer? The way you describe it sounds promising though.

Best advice I can give you is just to see how the plant reacts. I doubt it will be any adverse effects, it’s just whether or not it’s actually doing anything special.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Banana Peel Tea

Proteins in bananas contain potent hormones and vitamins that boost essential oil production in plants. Once the proteins are isolated in banana what is left are potent hormones and vitamins that boost essential oil production in plants. Essential oils are what give flavor to herbs, fruits, and vegetables. Rich in Vitamins, Minerals, Hormones, and Enzymes, Banana stimulates the production of essential oils, which gives plants better, stronger, more distinctive flavors.

* Potassium. This mineral helps promote general plant vigour; build up resistance to pest and disease; is necessary to help fruit develop; is involved in regulating around 50 enzymes in a plant; and relates to the turgor (or uprightness of stems and the thickness of cell walls) i.e. plant strength! This is extremely important for plants like staghorns which literally hang onto tree trunks in nature and vertical vegies like shallots, leeks and fruiting crops.
    * Phosphorus. This mineral strongly influences fruiting and flowering; is essential for good root and shoot growth; pollination; and is very important in seed germination and viability.
    * Calcium. The most important mineral in the soil and known as the ‘Trucker of all minerals.’ Calcium is the ‘ingredient’ of cell walls concerned with root development and growing stem points. It also helps ‘open up’ soil to allow more oxygen.

With such important roles to play, these macro nutrients are vital for plant health and wellbeing. However, there are many other nutrients plants need too (NOT just N-P-K)!

* Banana Water: Soak a fresh banana peel in water for a day or two – then use the water with the leached nutrients in it to water your plants. Don’t let the peel go to waste though!

If you have a compost tea bag, can throw the banana peels in there and bubble them for 48hrs in Humic Acid. Can also make a Banana Fermented Fruit Juice with equal parts whole chopped Bananas and brown sugar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Wonderful news, Prepper. I thank you for that as I’m sure OP will! Might have to add this into my own feeding regimen at least once or twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. @Prepper420 Dude! This is awesome info, thank you! So do you know if I could hypothetically make it stronger by adding more than 1 peel at a time? Also, is this as effective as the calphos application from KNF? I really want to do that but seeing as how it takes 20 days to be done and I am planning on going into flower next week I was hoping for something that has similar results in less time. Thank you!

Edit: Also, how often should this be applied?

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 PPORTN, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Excellent thank you. Yeah it wasnt a simmer thats for sure. It boils quite funny really. Real exsplosive on a stove even on low. Most of the shells were dissolved leaving a few tiny sand grains at the bottoms but very minute. Bananas completley dissolved. Plants woke up hour ago and look alot brighter.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 Prepper420, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    If you’re making the banana peel tea, depending on how much water you’re going to need, use a handful of banana peels, it won’t hurt anything because you’re only extracting the water soluble nutrients. The leftover peels still have plenty of goodness in them and should be run through a worm farm, then it will be available later on when you top dress with the EWC.

I’ll be making my own Banana FFJ today. Will post pics on my thread and here. Also, if you search my thread, will have lots of pics and info from last time I made BFFJ.

I apply once a week due to all the sugar in it. To much sugar/molasses, etc, can upset relationship between the plant and microbiology.

I do use CalPhos and Fish Bone Flour from Buildasoil.com , 1 tbsp each at the beginning of flower. While the banana’s are great and bring a lot to the table, I wouldn’t rely on it completely.

Freedom in Sustainable Gardening
    Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

• Like Like x 1