a few very nooby questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iggi408, Mar 27, 2007.

1. 1. do you have to germinate seeds that you find in weed, or just ones you buy?
    2. how do you geminate seeds?
    3. is it needed to buy proper lights?
    4. what is an average heighth for a plant?
    5. what is a good temp for a typical plant?
    6. do you need both a male and a female to get buds?
    7. if i cant get proper lights or temp, will i most likely kill my plants or just end up with bad weed?

these are very begginer questions i know, but i would apreciate any help.

2. The answers to all these questions are contained in the sticky threads. Please read them, then ask questions.

Cheers.

3. 1) all seeds must be germinated. germination is the first step towards growing
    2) wrap them in some wet paper towls until the crack open and show a root
    3) yes. you need strong light to grow the plant. buying crappy lighting is one of the most common mistakes that beginners make. just make it easy on yourself and buy a good light
    4) That is dependent on how long your veg them for. id say the average size for indoors is 1.5 - 4 feet depending on the strength of the light you use.
    5) 65-85 is good enough. 75 is what I go for
    6) only females make buds. males make the females get seeds. kill the males, keep the females.
    7) probably. depending on how bad it is you will kill them or have crappy weed.

4. thank you very much for the help. but for the last question, i was wondering wich of the 2 cases (completely dead plant, or just bad weed) would be more likely

5. depends, you can have decent plants if you go get Cfls at walmart. You can get 3 26 watt cfls for like $6. Dont use incondecent. You prob wont kill your plant, its pretty tough to do. But It is very possible that your weed wont be that great, and by that I mean = Shwag.