Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A few specific Michigan mmj questions??

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by joeyalf, Jan 27, 2012.

1. For one I read this on michigan.gov and would like anyones opinion on this.

Question: Do I need to keep a copy of my application and any other information I send to the MMMP?
    Answer: Yes. If your application has not yet been approved, denied or terminated you may provide law enforcement with a copy of your written documentation submitted to the department; you must also submit proof of the date of mailing or other transmission of the documentation. This documentation shall have the same legal effect as a registry identification card, until such time as you receive your card or you have received notification that your application has been approved, denied or terminated.

straight from LARA - Frequently Asked Questions

Also if anyone knows if I am legal to grow in michigan If I am 18. Not as a caregiver but just growing for myself. Any help is appreciated.

2. As long as you haven't received a denial letter within 20 days from the time they receive your application (you can assume they receive it within a couple days of when you put it in the mail) then you are approved, and the copy of your application is your active registry ID card.

You won't receive your actual plastic card for about five months, due to the program being helplessly backed up, so keep your papers on you at all times. I keep mine in my wallet every year I renew until I get my new card (renewals take about five-six months to get your new card as well).

And yes, you are legal to grow your 12 plants at 18 years old. You can't become a caregiver, however, until you are 21.

I had an encounter with police last week and showed my papers, they had no problem with it. It's written in the law that if the health department fails to issue you a registry ID card within twenty days then your papers become your active card, so don't lose em.

3. okay thanks, But some people say you need the proof of a cashed check, but that just says you need proof it was mailed in and that even before your denial you are legal.

4. Right, it's smart to carry proof they cashed your check, I do. If you intend to go to a dispensary or buy from a caregiver they're more than likely going to ask for proof of your cashed check.

If the program doesn't send you a denial within the 20 days then you are approved until you receive it I suppose. That wouldn't happen though, they approve people within a day or two of receiving the application, and unless you live somewhere where it takes 18 days to get a letter from Lansing that won't be an issue.

Also, the only thing they can deny you for is incomplete paperwork, so as long as it's all filled out properly you're good.

If you're assuming you're legal simply because you sent the application in, you're wrong. You're in no way approved or have a valid card until the 20 days are up. I wouldn't be taking bong rips in your front yard quite yet....

If you're curious how long until you receive your card, you can call the progam. They have an automated message that says where they are as far as issuing cards based on when they received applications, they update the message every month or so. (517)373-0395, Michigan Medical Marihuana Program

5. cool thanks man