A Few Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NoobToGrowing, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Hey GrassCity, this is my first time growing. I am going to grow outside because my entire property is surrounded by woods. I live in Indiana, have I started too late to grow outside?

Do I need to start the plants inside first or can I just stick the seeds around 1 inch in the ground?

I really need help, :(

2. [quote name='"NoobToGrowing"']Hey GrassCity, this is my first time growing. I am going to grow outside because my entire property is surrounded by woods. I live in Indiana, have I started too late to grow outside?

Do I need to start the plants inside first or can I just stick the seeds around 1 inch in the ground?

I really need help, :([/quote]

If u are doing seeds it's kinda late.

3. Well I am going to try anyway. Should I plant directly in the ground or in pots? It is going to be outside in a woods. Also, I heard it is good to put them by a water source. A tree fell over somewhere in my woods and the whole from where it used to be is often times filled with water, would it be a good idea to plant it near that?

4. [quote name='"NoobToGrowing"']Well I am going to try anyway. Should I plant directly in the ground or in pots? It is going to be outside in a woods. Also, I heard it is good to put them by a water source. A tree fell over somewhere in my woods and the whole from where it used to be is often times filled with water, would it be a good idea to plant it near that?[/quote]

Do I never said don't. It might have trouble finishing but there are so many variables. I dont know when your winters set in out there or what strain it is. I use 65 gal smart pots and I have friends that do in ground. Same statins and mine finish before theres. I think plants that are In smaller buckets get stressed from being in a bucket and will help it flower a little sooner. This is from my experience might be different for u but might help if need it to finish a little sooner due to early colder winter. I am a legal grow so in cali so my I might not be the best source for guerrilla grow info. Good luck with it. Hope it's a girl for yea.

5. Im from Indiana growing out in the woods for 8 yrs now, first its not too late if given good sunlight and started in large 10gal or bigger containers or inground using good soil. If given good sunlight, large rootspace, and good soil they can still produce 4-8 ounces per plant. they will bloom on time as long as they have 8+ sets of true leaves, I would suggest mixing organics/ammendmends into your holes/soil mix for better results.

6. Not too late, no, but u wont grow any monsters... that may be for the best if you want to keep em secret. just temper your expectations about having huge plants, and pound plus yields. I start seeds indoors in march and keep em under lights to transfer outside later. Some will be 12' tall. A 6in. tall clone placed outside now will grow to max potential if cared for properly(5-16' tall)in a couple months vegging time, but from seed it takes weeks to put on that first 6 inches. That being said, I put out 4-6 inch tall seeded plants last year in the first week of july and still got a good bit of nugs in the end.