Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

a few questions, WILL THIS WORK

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Abra_Kadabra, Feb 7, 2013.

1. ok, so im going to be making cookies for valentines day, my question is WILL THEY WORK, im a pretty high tolerance smoker, so my last few batches of edibles have not exactly been up to par, this v-day i want to make these sugar cookies Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe - Joyofbaking.com *Tested Recipe*

basically im using 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter to make 30ish cookies, im going to make the butter like this

step 1:clarify butter
    step 2: put in crock pot--Set to warm--
    Step 3: add half ounce of bud
    step 4: stir and let sit for around 12 hours stirring once and a while(is this long enough? not enough time?)
    step 5: strain and cool...enjoy

is that a good way to make the butter? i have seen so many different ways to do it, some ranging from 30 min to 24 hours?!?!?!?! whats the deal!!! whats the best way!!!

do i need to decarb? will that help?

when i decarb do i grind the bud first or keep it in bud form?

will these cookies be potent enough to work?!?!?! 1/2 ounce to 30 cookies? will that be enough?!?!?! (cookies will be 4 inches)

2. If you want a quick edible test to see how it will work for you, get a gram (you have a high tolerance, normally I say 0.25g), grind it up, cover it in peanut butter and tinfoil, put it in the oven at 350 for 25 min. Eat. Wait 2 hours.

I've never done crock pot, but that sounds like it will work. You don't need to decarb, especially if you are putting it in for 12 hours.

What is warm on crockpot? You need to get it in that range of 285-350ish F.

I also prefer not to strain, or at the very least, strain it and eat the remaining stuff. But be careful, the remains of the straining will be intense.

And to your last question, yes. I have a low to average tolerance, and I eat 0.25g and get pretty good. You are having each cookie have 14/30 = close enough to 0.5g. Might wanna eat 2 with a strong tolerance.

3. Thanks for the tip, ill try making the firecrackers when I get home and see how it turns out

4. #4 Jojo0420, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
    If your not sure about how your going to react to edibles firecrackers are a good place to start. Can be made cheaply on a small scale and are hard to screw up as long as you follow a reasonable recipe, of which there are many on this page.

But there are much better, more efficient ways to make edibles. If you start with an alcohol extraction you will be surprised how much more you can get out of a half ounce. I just finished mine and ended up with 60+ doses from a QUARTER OUNCE of run of the mill mids.

You can check it here if you're interested: PsychedelicSam's Tincture Recipe

5. As much as I would love to they need to be done by valentines day

6. This recipe only takes about 48 hours. And involves an hour or two of actual work.

But I do understand the time crunch.