A few questions regarding my 400w setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by andym90, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Hi there everyone. I am a first time outdoor grower with 1 female about 2 weeks into flowering. I have also just bought a 400w hps lighting setup with bulb, ballast, chains & hooks and a 600mm x 600mm reflector. This will be ventilated by a 150mm inline fan attatched to a small carbon odoursok

I have the materials for and originally planned a 1000mm x 1000mm x 1200mm sized box for growing in. However now when i see the size in real life i noticed it is alot bigger than what i thought. I have heard the a 1sq metre grow room is ideal for a 400w. My question is, could i possibly reduce the size of my box to 900mm x 900mm or even 800 x 800 without harming the plants by the way of heat etc?

I only really want to grow about 4 plants at once.

Also another question is, with my hps light would it be possible to take cuttings from my outdoor plant, which is in early flowering? and grow from there or would i absolutely need to set up some sort of CFL system to establish my clones?

One final question about infrared helicopters. If i was to have the box in a large 6 bay shed which has a few fridges and stuff, would the grow room stick out like a sore thumb? i have good 3/4 inch thick customwood for the box so would that insulate the heat from getting seen?

Cheers for any advice.

2. Shouldn't have to worry about infrared with only a 400w.

As long as the light is cooled, you should be fine.