A few questions from a beginner, advise please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tubbsy41, Feb 20, 2013.

1. I live in the U.K and im going to grow a lowryder.
    1. Is a auto-flowering lowryder a good place to start?
    2. could i leave it in a pot its whole life from plant till harvest?
    3. how often do lowryders need to be watered?
    4. will the lowryder need to be trimmed?

any extra info that comes to you please dont hesitate to write :)

2. #2 ruffstylez, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
    Autos outside are no fun. They are good for indoors where you don't got the space to veg out, clone etc. They allow the smaller growers to stay supplied, but outdoor they are pretty close to a waste of time.

Sure, you could leave a plant in a pot its whole life. No reason why you can't. We do it for all our indoor plants. It requires more watering, and in the very hot days of summer daily or you will have some droopy plants quick. In ground they can stretch and reach for water and can go much longer - even full seasons if you get some rain and aren't in a desert.

Just like any strain it depends on the soil it is in, you're climate, and if its in buckets or ground. Some soils that we have in america for example happy frog is very dense. Its counter part ffof will dry up much quicker unless you add perlite to the happy frog even though both are in the same climate/growing conditions. So it really depends a lot on that. Some people perfer airy soil that needs water everyday. Allows for rapid growth. Others want to use water crystals, mulch etc to retain water.

Trimming is done when the plant is harvested. It is where you remove all the stuff and just leave the bud. You can trim/prune during its growth if you mean that instead of harvest trim. Some remove fan leaves to get more light. Some remove lower parts that would just produce popcorn size bud to focus more energy on the main colas. Others just push the fan leaves back and tie them down and some just let them do there own thing.

3. What? Autos work great outdoors as they allow a great early harvest. The autos I grew are as potent as photosensitives. They yield less but are real nice imo.

4. I think work great is a bit of a stretch. Autos have there place, and its as a few freebee seeds for the early bud of something different while you wait for you're real crop to finish. This is not the case with him. He is actually paying for the seeds and using them as his main crop. Goin to be dissapointed. Just my.02

5. corto you got any pics of ur autos I am interested in them for sure had a couple friends bust out with a fresh crop in the middle of summer last year with some autos when everyone was out of weed..

6. I was always wondering about autos outdoors. I have like 5 or 6 auto seeds left that I just germinated. Think im going to throw them outdoors once its warm enough and see what happens. I don't see how an auto grow would be different than growing indoors. Your getting better, natual light, just less than the 20hrs a day like they require. My Auto only got 16 inches indoor because I didn't know it wasn't good to transplant an auto and did it while it was flowering. I also ran out of room so I had to put it in 12/12 with the rest of my plants. I still got 30g of some killer Northern Lights off that tiny plant. I think if I hadn't transplanted so late and kept light at 12hrs it would have yielded 2x that ammount.

But if your comparing it to outdoor yields of a regular pheno, then ya, it will be very disappointing

7. if a guy had a proper outdoor garden going he could throw 10 autos in 5 gallon buckets around the yard for some personal smoke until harvest happens.. thats my thought..

8. If a guy had a proper outdoor garden he's likely legal and restricted to a certain amount of plants. Nobody I know would throw away 10 plants to get 1 plant worth of bud (that's even pushing it!) With the only upside it being done 30-45 days earlier.

9. my county allows 8 I harvested 33 last year no questions asked.. think I'll run 33 more and ten autos..
    and 8 under my sodium bulbs inside..

10. Not everyone has the balls to do that. Growing in the open I'm stayin all legal no amount of moneys worth that risk. But I still think 10x the amount of work/water isn't worth it to wind up with less then 1 regular plant, but I am pretty lazy

11. well the risk is a city ordinance fine of 1800 dollars for growing over your limit.. half a plant covers that if they have time to come bother you when everyone else is growing over a hundred plants.. helicopters fly over me everyday bro I flip them off noone ever comes to the door..

12. I had pics in Oldpork's 2011 thread somewhere. I lost all my pics. I grew the lowlife auto ak 47 it was excellent. It's a "super auto" meaning it has a bigger yield than previous autos. I heard short stuff and flash seeds have a good reputation for bigger autos. This year I4ll be growing femmed autos from a breeder friend. :wave:

Sure they yield less but bigger autos do yield good amounts (4 ozees) but I grow guerilla and the faster I'm out of there, the better it is for many reasons. Not wanting to change your mind, just saying that autos are great (and no that's not a stretch) esp. for someone like the OP with a short grow window (UK). Some people can't harvest til October and autos allow you to harvest in August which most photos don't. Nobody's forced to buy them...

13. didn't know the ak47 was a super auto. I would have ordered it with this order I just got:cry:

14. which ones did you order drew I was gonna wait for the march promo and get all autos plus the freebies they have the bbhb on freebie..

15. I don't usually order from attitude. I usually order from the single seed centre. I've had the best luck with them so far.

Right now all the autos I have are left over from a Nirvana order earlier this year. I've got 3 Northern Lights, 1 Norhtern Lights x Big bud germinating so far. Ill be doing a Super Skunk and an Auto AK47 as soon as my new order arrvies. I also have got an Ultra Lemon Haze auto but from all the reasearch I've done the Ultra Haze seems more like a regular pheno instead of an auto.

I've got a bunch of other seeds too in my safe which are probably too many to list and im picking up some Girls Scout cookie and hopefully some cherry pie clones this weekend

16. What amount of soil is good for auto guys I am witing 2 autos to come in my order -Afghan Kush from World seeds and Jock Horror

17. If your growing indoor germinate those seeds and once you get a tap root transplant them straight to a 5gal container of your choice. If your going to do any plant training do it early on:cool:

18. Oh God sorry I forgot to tell plants will grow outdoor.

19. 5-10 gallons is good for autos.