A few questions for people who believe god created specific "kinds"

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Internetz, Apr 28, 2012.

1. What, exactly, is a "kind"? A definition, not an example. I know people say "dogs are a kind" "fish are a kind" "elephants are a kind" but these answers are so inconsistent in a biological sense that they're more or less useless.
    I'm looking for a definition, "a kind is a subject of organisms that reproduce identical copies" or something to that effect. What segregates one kind from another?

I've been asking this and similar questions since I was a 2nd grader in Catholic school, the sisters (and, frankly, no one else) has been able to give me a satisfactory answer.

Like:
    What "kind" of animal is this?
    [​IMG]

2. 96 views, no responses…
    Bump?

Does no one here believe such?

3. 'Naming is the origin of all particular things*.'

*Kind

Rude Buddha say: We're just making shit up.

4. K… I was thinking in more of a Genesis or Noachian flood type thing...

5. ^Oh, perfectly explained, IMO.

In Genesis it says that Adam & Eve got to make up all the names of the animals.

Adam & Eve just gave names to things based on their own discrimination. Before that, God never felt the need to do such things. Yet Adam and Eve did not create anything or truly affect what already was... God creating Heaven and Earth (emptiness and form) hovering over the faces of infinity.

The Flood, IMO, represents Evolution and Extinction... that is to say, that which has survived has (obviously) been chosen by God to be here as it is all inherently the perfection of nature while other things run their course which is also the perfection of nature.