A few questions about my new setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tom.2k9, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Hi, i recently bought a DR60 grow tent, a 250w mh/hps light, an extractor fan and carbon filter. I then bought 4 white widows seeds, found 4 lemon haze bagseeds and ordered these from picknmix seeds:
    1x Hashplant - Feminised
    1x Ceres Skunk - Feminised
    1x Bubblelicious - Feminised
    1x Big Bang - Feminised
    1x AK-48 - Feminised

So im planning to veg for 1 week then go straight into flower and kill all males. Will 3.5l pots be big enough? Do i have enough light for 5-13 plants depending how many females?

I will be changing to a hps bulb when i decide to switch to 12/12 and will be using Bio-Bloom nutes.

My temps are around 70oF and am running the lights 24/7. A problem im having is that when i turn the lights off temps drop to 45-50oF. Is it ok to run a fan heater in there during lights off?

Thanks for any help.

2. No don't do that. Your plants will likely hermie. They need to show signs of sex before you can put them into flowering

3. I have the same problem. I use a small $20 fan heater in my growbox and haven't had any problems yet (like the house burning down). Understandably, a lot of folks are squeamish about a heater but it sounds like you have a large investment to protect and keeping closer to optimum temps will likely pay off down the road. Get one with a thermostat and it will keep your desired temps within 5 degrees. Good luck!

4. That isn't accurate in my experience. I have vegged anywhere from 4 weeks down to 12/12 from seed and never had a hermie.

5. Yeah. You vegged for 4 weeks. He is talking about vegging for one week.

"If you switch to 12/12 before pre-flowers have shown, you may encounter the following problems:
    1. Stress-related sex problems (hermaphrodites)
    2. Abnormal bud growth"

6. you misunderstood. I have grown crops that were vegged for a month, three weeks, two weeks, one week, and even 12/12 from seed. never had a hermie.

7. You're a lucky man. Re-read that quote though. It says the early 12/12 "may" lead to stress related sex problems.

....it is not advised