A Few Questions About Growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SocraticParadox, Feb 27, 2012.

1. I've checked out a few beginner grow guides and picked and read through a lot of threads but haven't really found the answers I'm looking for. So I hope someone might be able to shed some light on these problems that have me stumped.

I am a complete novice to growing. I have recently been reduced to sub-par pot supplies due to my supplier being in a jam, so the bud I've been getting lately has had a lot of seeds. I've saved up these seeds, and remembered a kindergarten planting activity involving the placement of seeds in a wet paper towel then placing that in a glass for a few days. It's been day two and I added more seeds to the towel, and I'm waiting for any sign of change.

My issue is that after some form of sprout shows up on any of the seeds, I've not a clue how to proceed from there on out. Obviously something involving planting the seeds should occur, but I'm on a budget and I'm not really looking for a large operation.

My needs involve even just one plant with some form of usable yield as the outcome. While growing is something I'm interested in becoming accomplished at, as of right now even just a small amount of smokeable marijuana would be a success in my eyes.

Not having any real growing experience of any kind, and sharing a house with roommates who frown on my weed enthusiasm (Although I'm more than certain if they learned I was growing they would not have me arrested), I'm looking for a way to grow a small amount of pot successfully in either my closet or just my room. My room itself has locks on the outside that only I have keys to so my room is safe for the most part, which is where I'd like to grow.

How should I proceed though, and although it's a shame to not be willing to give the plants anything and everything they may need, what is the bare minimum of growing that I can get away with and still have a hope of growing even one plant with a reasonable yield? Sorry for the length, any insight would be much appreciated. And if there is a thread that answers this exact question in detail, please send me there. Thanks!