Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A few problems

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by radamaag, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Hi guys my name's Adam. First time poster, long time lurker

Firstly, i'd like to point out that I haven't smoked anything in around three years, I've just moved away from home for university a couple of weeks ago, I thought it would be no big deal but i've ended up getting very stressed out and anxious, also my OCD from my childhood seems to be cropping up again through the stress. I've also started experiencing slight social anxiety which i've never suffered from before, and as a result I have started drinking quite heavily (I know i'm supposed to be getting fucked in my fresher's week, but i'm really struggling to talk to anyone while sober.) Therefore I have decided that I may start smoking a bit of weed occasionally basically just to chill me out. I know that it may have the complete opposite effect on my anxiety and just make me more stressed out, but feel that I just need to properly chill out after two weeks of utter stress, and it's going to be better than developing an alcohol dependency. I have also been suffering with a LOT of back pain for the past six months or so of which I hope smoking would help with.

The biggest problem is that I have moved here with my girlfriend with whom I have been spending the majority of my time with. I reckon I could keep it a secret (smoke while she is at lectures, etc.) but if she ever found out I was keeping it a secret she would kill me. She's very anti-cannabis, not entirely sure why, it my be the fact that she believes it to be a gateway drug as a lot of her friends have ended up taking some pretty heavy shit with a bunch of lowlives after smoking with the wrong type of people for a while. I know for a fact I wouldn't let this happen to me, i''m not an idiot. She definitely knows that i've been researching the medical benefits of cannabis recently and that i'm pro-legalization, which kind of makes me feel like a hypocrite for not smoking it. I truly believe there would be a big chance of her breaking up with me if I started smoking it, but who knows.

Smoking with a bunch of veterans isn't really an option as it's a new city and I have only met a couple of people who I know smoke it.

Cheers in advance for your help guys:D

2. educate her man. watch the union together

3. i have the same issue! My bf doesn't want me smoking =/

4. #4 TokinUp, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    Be yourself dude.if smokin helps you or you enjoy it then fuck it.blaze up.if she cant except you for who you are then is she that special?lifes too short to deal with that shit..try to educate her on why weed isnt bad.theres alot of studies out there.theres no excuse for ignorance especially nowadays with the internet.lolll

5. Pick up a guitar man, or some other useful hobby that you can lose yourself with for extended periods of time. It will really help you to find yourself.
    The key to relieving anxiety I find is to really exhaust yourself so that you don't overthink things.
    This is generally the point in life where people develop serious alcohol problems, so stay away from that shit man
    Don't become dependent on weed either, take the occasional toke (I really can't say how often because it's different for everyone).

keep your stick on the ice

6. If she breaks up with you because of a plant how much does she really wan't to be with you?

7. Haha that's true! Don't suppose there's any harm in trying it, see if it helps me out in any way. I probably should have added that I'm studying a film production course, so smoking will hopelly at least heighten my creativity