A few pieces

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Capt_Crow, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Here are some of my pieces. They're just pictures of the pieces I had laying around. I'll get a more complete portfolio later.

Enjoy yourself:smoking:

Here's a trumpeteer, lots of negative space. Done with marker.
    IMG_2333.jpg

An ink drawing of a crab apple tree
    IMG_2530.jpg

'Coffee hour.' Still life of my mug, and cups of coffee done with oil pastel.
    IMG_2533.jpg

A side project: a spray paint duplication of the HADUKEN combo. Done with stencils.
    IMG_2554.jpg

Another spray paint piece done with stencils. This one shows off Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction. Their heads have been replaced with Daft Punk Helmets.
    IMG_2568.jpg

This is a perspective drawing of my body. This is what I saw when I looked straight down at my pad.
    scan0007NEW.jpg

'Copyright.' This one shows a starving child that is copyrighted. One of my more political works. :D
    scan0009NEW.jpg

This one deserves a good explanation. This is actually a picture I took of my two friends embracing. The one on the left just lost the section V title for soccer. He did a few things he never does; hug people and get a emotional. I thought the photo captured a really nice feeling, and so I wanted to draw it.
    new.jpg

Heres a chalk pastel still life of my cactus plant
    scan0006NEW.jpg

What do you think?

2. nice work man. i definitely appreciate the coffee hour and the soccer player pictures the most. something so simple, yet there is a story in each of those pieces that make them sophisticated at the same time.