A few physicals are coming up and I've been thinking . . .

Discussion in 'General' started by infiniteawesome, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Ok, so I've got a few physicals coming up in a few months:

Physical with my Medical Doctor.
    Eye exam with my Optometrist.
    Oral exam/cleaning with my Dentist.

Now my eye exam I'm more or less not concerned about as red eye is rarely a problem with me and I'm more or less fine eye wise.

BUT, the physical and the oral exam leave me with something to be concerned about. This will be the first full year that I've been a daily smoker (both tobacco and cannabis) and am wondering if I should stop smoking in preparation for these exams.

I'm definately quitting cigs cuz I've been meaning to for a while and it's just not as enjoyable as it used to be. I've had those times where I'm like "i'm quitting" and still felt the need, but this is more pressing than simply the desire to quit cigs, it's a fucking physical.

NOW, you guys might ask: "What's the big deal? It's not like they'll bust you or somehting." Which would be true if I weren't under my parents' insurance (this will be my last time I use their insurance for medical purposes as I will be totally independent at the end of this year) AND the doctor is good friends with my rents and talks about EVERYTHING with them including my personal stuff, so I never let him know I've EVER done weed, but now I think that the physical effects might show somehow when he examines my breathing and looks at my larynx (throat).

I KNOW that the tobacco has affected me physically as I can feel my ribcage more prominently these days which is another thing that scares me, I lost ALOT of weight this year and it's all cuz of tobacco, which sucks cuz I was super skinny to begin with, so now I'm scrawny.

So what do you guys think? Should I stop smoking weed too? Just in case? Or do you believe that the weed is still benign and won't show up on a physical?

Normally I wouldn't worry if it weren't for this particular doctor. This will be the LAST time I will try to evade this subject during discussions with a doctor as I would like an honest medical opinion about regular cannabis smoking, but I was wondering if you guys think it would be worth my trouble to take a two month tolerance break?

Thanks in advance.

2. I don't think he will notice anything except shallow breathing if you are a heavy smoker.. and I mean... if he mentions something to your rents... he can't know for sure so it'd only be a hint to them... what can they do? time to man up abou it... if the time comes when you've got to be truthful you might as well be. just turning 18? you'll be out of the house soon anyways... have a man to man talk with your pops first if he's more open than your mom... this is if they mention something first, otherwise don't worry about it and let the doc speculate... won't harm anything... I do suggest quiting smoking cigs though. I used to smoke for a while... djarum blacks... the clove cigarettes... I just loved the taste and the overall niceness... but they are terrible for you and I soon realized that.. tobacco is a pretty disgusting drug and not something I want in my body anymore...

3. nah, i'm 23, i've been in college for a while but i'm under my rents health insurance, so I have to go see the doctor they want me to if I want to continue receiving health insurance basically for free.

4. Hmmm..Firstly...legally I dont think he's allowed to discuss stuff with your parents..I'm pretty sure doctor patient confidentiality kicks in somewhere here.. maybe? i'm really not too sure on that one...
    Anyway I'm pretty sure you should be able to get away with blaming everything on cigs, because theyre doing way more damage to you then weed, and i doubt theres anything that weed does that cigs dont.. they fuck up your throat too n all that stuff.. So i'm prettyyy sure you should be ok just blaming cigs for everything..i wouldnt quit if i were you, but once again dont take my word for it haha
    good luck with the quitting smoking...Im trying to as well..(once again..*siiigh*....)