A few opinions on growing techniques needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fukinricheous, Dec 5, 2011.

1. I am no stranger to indoor gardening, but have a few things I want to hear some opinions about, I am always trying to learn

Promix- I have heard you can use promix as a hydroponic medium. How quickly does it drain? I have used coc, soil, and hydrotons, but would love to hear about promix from a fellow blade. I was thinking of hand watering in 15 gallon pots.

Distance between light and plants: I use 1000w lights, and usually try to keep 18 to 36 inches from canopy to bulb. My friend keeps his higher, but I think he loses lumens. What do you think? Where do you hang your lights?

Flushing at the end of flower: I have always flushed with properly ph'd water, but have heard that it is better to use straight water, without adding any ph up or down, because you are still exposing your plants to chemicals if you use up or down. Is this right? or will it screw up your plants to flush with water of the wrong ph?

UV purifier: How effective is a uv light for getting rid of or treating PM?

Thanks y'all ;)