A few of issues/questions...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RasBenjammin, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Right, well to cut a long story short, i received some seeds a few months back from a friend. I know nothing of their strain apart from that they're an asian (chinese) variety. So, since the spring had come i decided to plant them; some outside, some in pots in the window. The ones outside seem to be growing fairly ok, but my prize one is inside, just short of a metre. However i have noticed that the leaves are strange in that each plant shows different characteristics eg some look tall but with indica leaves whereas some are short but with sat leaves? Even though they are from the same (yet unknown) strain? Also, my leaves are very translucent, even though the other plants on this forum seem to have hefty opaque leaves. N.B. They are all still in veg; we usually get 13/12 hours of light in september here in the uk.

I will try and post pics just as soon as my camera stops messin me around.

Right no.2, i hope to acquire a light soon so i was wondering what would be the best set up for indoor grow of 4 avg plants? bcos there is all sorts of talk aout red light, blue light, led, hps, cfl and im in way over my head...

Cheers in advance...

2. btw in case you needed to know, they are in soil, and getting about 16 hours of daylight (5/6 hours direct sunlight)

3. High there, there are a few outdoor UK grows in the grow journals section if you look around. I would go with a 400 or 600w HPS for lighting or CFL's if you don't want to spend as much and want to keep the temps a little lower. You need blue spectrum for veggys and red spectrum for flowering. If they are big enought to flower now then you wont need veggy lights.

You will need to invest in some more goodies if you want to do it right though. Fans, some kind of odor control, ph tester and nutes. Check out the journal section and see which setups would suit you best and steal all the best ideas, because window plants really suck!

Good luck

4. are your indoor plants decorative? i.e. house plants rather than grow room accomodations? if so, you'll probably want to stay away from HID. it's a noisy, unattractive setup that won't fit well with most home decor. floro or LED can me made to fit nicely in that situation.
    if I assume correctly from your first post, pix of your final decorative setup would be great!

5. cheers guys. ill try and get photos asap. and no, the indoor plants werent decorative, i was aiming to achieve some yield. we'll see how it goes, ive been informed that flowering in the uk starts early september, so we shall haffi wait and see.

also, will one 400w cfl be enough? to veg and flower? (not simultaneously obv)