A few issues

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by somenewgrower, Apr 20, 2019.

1. #1 somenewgrower, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    I went on vacation for 4 days and I'm pretty sure my plant experienced a bit of heat stress and lack of water. When I returned the leaves were quite wilted. I have since watered the plant and made sure the temperatures were in a good range. It seems to be bouncing back but I'm concerned about a few of the leaves which have very lightly colored tips. Any idea what this could be?

The plant is a month and a week along at this point. The temps have typically been between 70 and 85 but it looks like they maxed at 88 when I was gone. The humidity has hovered around 55% for the last week. I just gave the plant nutes for the first time yesterday (1/4 dose of Foliage-Pro). I have 3 lights. I have kept the main light at least 15in away and the auxiliary lights at least 12. I'm growing in FF Happy Frog with 20% Perlite.

When I got back from vacation (yesterday)...

file3-3.jpeg

file-4.jpeg

file1-4.jpeg

file1-5.jpeg

And today...
    file2-4.jpeg

file-5.jpeg

file3-4.jpeg

file4-3.jpeg

And my setup...

file2-5.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Agree, first pic is thirsty and then the after pic is good.

Slight case of nute burn in the tip's, you just started to give it 1/4 Foliage-Pro.

But your "soil still" probably contains a fair bit of nutes still in it. Hold off a bit with the fert for now.

3. Agreed. Personally I'm not sure if that's a spray but I'm not a fan of foliage sprays. I prefer to use a good soil like roots 707 and wait 4 weeks before starting with a nute line at 50%. I use Remo. Two waterings with nutes, then one with ph'd water, and repeat, slowing increasing until I max out at 75-80% of recommended strength

4. Yeah, I actually noticed light tips before I fed the plant any Foliage-Pro. So the soil probably still contains nutes. How long would you wait? The plant is over 5 weeks old now.

I'm not using it in foliage spray form. I just did a 1/4 dose and watered regularly. How will I know when to add any nutes? The plant is 5 weeks old.