A few beginner questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CALLmeMOTO, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Hey guys i am about to start growing for the first time and i have a few questions that i hope some of you can answer so here they are (the strain i will be growing is ak48)

1. How often do you water.
    2. With an auto flowering seed can you keep lights on 24/7.
    3. how smelly is the plant
    4. how do you dry the buds out

Thanks!

2. 1. As often as is required. no more, no less. Every plant is different, but all plants should completely dry out before being watered.

2. No.
    3. VERY. If you are thinking about growing without a proper fan and cRbon filter set-up, you can forget about it.

4. Slowly. There are lots of harvesting guides in the harvesting section.

All these questions are answered in more detail in all the growing guides and beginner stickies, which all new growers should read

3. Thanks! but one last question what soil should i use

4. #4 azgrassman, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
    You can totally keep autos on a 24/0 light cycle throughout your grow. That's the point of autoflowers, they flower regardless of the photoperiod. Some people make the argument that a 20/4 light cycle will promote more advanced root development but either works.

Also, you can look into low odor strains. I think Northern Lights is a good yielding, low-odor plant. If you keep it to one or two plants you can get away with Ona or a inexpensive carbon filter.

Watering does depend on a lot of stuff and is a lot of personal preference. I usually water once every 4-7 days, but I use a very large container that dries slowly. As for drying its relatively simple, just be patient.

Good Sticky: http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/424138-simple-harvest-cure-step-step.html

AZ

EDIT: For soil use Fox Farms Ocean Forest or Roots Organic. Both are good for MJ and have been used regularly by GC folks. If you're able to, go totally organic.

For simple organic soil info: http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

5. Thanks so much you guys!