a few basic germination questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by crisco, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Hey I have a few real basic questions about germination and was hoping you guys could help me out-
    1) How long should I wait before planting the seeds (as soon as they crack, when they're 1 inch, 3inches?)
    2) How deep should the top of a germinated seed be below/above soil surface?

Oh yeah, and my last question isn't about germination but soil. Can afew of you with experience recommend some soil brands/ratios that have worked well for you?
    Thanks

2. yea use the link sensi sent ya (thanks sensi) and you can use any soil just make sure it doesn't have time release ferts and I wouldn't suggest any miracle grow , lots of salts tends to clog roots.

3. u should wait bout 2 days if u use stylze germination guide and plant it with the stem pointing up and the shell down so it doesn't damagethe shoot while coming up.

and to ya nex question i have to plant it 1 inche deep so it has enough soil to b comfortable and how much left above the surface jus depends on how fast it grow

soil to use miracle grow das wah i am using and it is growing nice and good.

4. no cannibus it'd be bad to plant it root pointing up..the plant would haVe to do a 360 and chances are it wont even come up from the soil..roots pointing down so the actual seed doesn't have much problem sprouting and the plant coming out of the soil

5. thanks for the good relpies everyone.