A dope closet is no place for a kitty - 400w HPS - Multi-Strain

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by rickylahey, Mar 18, 2012.

1. They look good, cept for the droopy part cuz of the fan. And with the bulb, to be safe you should always change it after one cycle (even tho it is $20). If you were to take a light intesity meter and put it under your current bulb, and at the same distance put it under your new one the lumens would be greatly different (I think someone did a journal and HPS looses 10% of its lumens output a month?) Other than that lookin good

2. yea, this is it's second cycle too. probably pick one up next week

3. Its recommended, also its economical, With an old bulb the ballast is still pushing the same amount of power but less is put thru the bulb, so ur also using more power for less light

4. Out of curiosity your using a 400w but are not taking advantage of the space in your cab?

5. these current plants were in a smaller cab they outgrew. i moved them into my larger cab.

normally there are a pair of 5 gallon buckets in the large one

6. [quote name='"rickylahey"']these current plants were in a smaller cab they outgrew. i moved them into my larger cab.

normally there are a pair of 5 gallon buckets in the large one[/quote]

Cool I was just curious, I'm sure they are lovin that 400 with all that space tho. I am subbd

7. #127 rickylahey, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    ok, so i pulled down the Russian Rocket Fuel and Blue diesel today

The Blue Diesel - which was only rated by the seed company to get 18-30 gr dry

i pulled 158.6 + some popcorn nugs i didn't weigh, so looking at about 40-45gr dry

the Russian Rocket Fuel was only rated to pull 18-32 gr dry

I pulled 168.3 + some popcorn nugs i didn't weigh, so looking at 45+ gr dry

The GF wanted to learn to trim today, so she has the popcorn buds for practice downstairs she's working on, those will get thrown in the toaster oven then made into butter, firecrackers, or green dragon, i didn't add that weight to the final tally though

These shared a 3 gallon pot, which i'm kicking myself for now, as i should have waited and put them into 5 gallon pots by themselves.

Pics later today...

edit: GF finished, she had 35.1gr of mixed buds, so another 7-8gr dry

8. Top work that man :)

Nice to see a good result looking forward to the smoke report and I'm sure you are too.

My mrs ain't going near mine yet but if I pull a fair bit on my next I may have to give in or get my brother round lol...

Happy curing :) enjoy the popcorn ;)

9. Good haul mate :)

10. ok, here's some pics...

1. main buds, first row is blue diesel, second and third row is russian rocket fuel
    2.blue diesel
    3.russian rocket fuel
    4.russian rocket fuel
    5.smaller nugs
    6.blue diesel

Attached Files:

11. [quote name='"rickylahey"']ok, here's some pics...

1. main buds, first row is blue diesel, second and third row is russian rocket fuel
    2.blue diesel
    3.russian rocket fuel
    4.russian rocket fuel
    5.smaller nugs
    6.blue diesel[/quote]

Nice growing

12. decent smoke too, i JUST finished the last of the blue diesel, i ended up curing for about 3 weeks then dug in, all in all it was pretty good. nice clean smoke, good taste, great stone.

I'm getting ready to move here to a more "remote" location so everything is packed up until i get re-settled.

13. Will you be able to try outdoors in your "remote" location? Just a question lol, its always fun to watch people go from inside to outdoors, its soo different. :smoke:

14. probably not, not going to be too remote to grow outdoors. i'd never grow outside on my own property, i've always gone out or my way to make sure it's on public land so if they are found, they can't be tracked.

15. Lol, all depends where ya live. Got a small solo cup going on the patio of my apartment, my neighbors are chill because they know when its chopped its party at my place :smoke:, plus a med card is always nice so when Po Po knocks on the door it goes in the tent (got it so you cant see it anyways)