A couple questions about a couple plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hydrohippie1, Mar 24, 2010.

1. I have a couple questions that would be awesome if i could get some input on!
    1.) what should the humidity percentage be in an ideal grow room?
    2.) why do a few of the plants look like this? (see picture below) there growing but not very well, there looking pretty bad.
    [​IMG]
    3.) What should be done in this case? i believe there were accidently 2 seeds placed into the same cup and i would rather not loose either of them (see pic below)
    [​IMG]
    4.) will this pH testing kit work? (see pic below)
    [​IMG]
    5.) What are the ideal temps for a grow room?

Thanks for the input in advance, i really appriciate the help!

2. 76-85 degrees is my goal on temp's..cooler end at night and warmer in the light hour's...
    if your running them 24/0 then try to keep the temp about 77-80 they love it...looks like your over watering...make sure theres holes in the bottom of those solo cup's for drainage...

let the soil dry out before watering and do this every time...
    if you have two in one pot, get a spoon...dig down and underneath them, scoop them out.....then gently break away the soil from the root's, don't break the root's! and seperate the two...i'd do it now...the longer you wait the more they become infused together...

humidity should be around 5-60% for veg...and 30-40% for flowering to ward off pest and bud mold...

cheer's
    good luck..

3. i dont recommend using a spoon. I would just dump the entire container on the table and gently break apart the root ball with my hands.

Honestly, i would save the roots trauma and just kill one of the plants. but that's just me.

4. why????that's taking the chance of breaking the root's man...a teaspoon work's perfect...like a back hoe...you never touch the root but have more control over what's going on when you scoop them both out at the same time...

and done right...they will never stress...i've done that for a long time growing up as a kid throwing several seed's in one cup, not knowing any better of course...but i used this method to seperate them, not dumping them out on there side, that will stress them bro...if you gently scoop the whole thing out, then split them apart you should see no stress at all. the only way they stress is if you break the root...dumping them out is taking that chance...cause when you dump it out on a table...the dirt automaticly want's to seperate, breaking root's...
    c'mon man jeez...

5. My thoughts exactly, before the roots of one of those plants grow to much id pull the smaller of the two out, not disturbing the others root system its starting to grow. Before the get to much bigger and start competeing for soil space.
    Also your other plant looks like a mutant which is probably going to have super slow growth and most likely be a male or a hermi anyway, i would ditch that one awile also if you dont have room or want to just try to move one of those other plants that you have two of in the same cup and put one in their. Your plants are still so small their is probably not much of a root system yet anyway, so this shouldnt be a hard process.

6. sorry guy's it's just my opinion...
    i don't like killing any of my plant's whether it's retarded or not....
    some mutant's are bad ass so ya never know...i've had a few that realy didn't yield a lot but was better smoke than there sister's, so why kill, when it could be a learning exp for a new grower...he might actually learn something from growing these...
    all i'm sayin fellas..
    but to each there own

7. It doesnt really matter what he does with it to me, simply saying what usualy happens with mutants, their either hermis usualy, and in the chance it is a female they usualy dont yeild anything worth keeping space in a garden for. Every grower has them at some point, they are fun to see what happens with i suppose, but the slow growth and shitty yeilds just arnt worth the space in my growroom where a perfectly fine female could be.

8. i agree for tight spaces then ya why waist the time, but even then i would stick the goofy one outside lol
    i alway's thing bigger i geuss...
    i got room so i do this but your right, for limited space it's a hassle...

9. #9 hydrohippie1, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010
    any comments about the ph kit?

and there on a 24/0 light schedual right now but there going outdoors in a month. should i switch to something differant?