a couple minor problems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by CaptainCannabis, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Hey, everyone. I posted some new pics of a couple small problems that I noticed on the grow journal that my roommate and I have going, but no one has been responding, so I thought I'd copy the post and repost it here to see if I can get some input.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, everyone. We haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd give a little update with some pics and a few questions. I think the plants are about 4 weeks old now. A little over a week ago, we transplanted 9 out of 11 in 8" pots, and 3 or so days later we fed them for the first time. We're using Schultz plant food (10-15-10). I know that's now really what we want, but we're pretty broke right now, and that's what we had on hand. Regardless, the plants responded well and they're all growing pretty great. There are a couple problems though, and thats what most of the pics are gonna show because we're not really sure what to do.

This first picture shows some leaf tips curling down and turning brown. Only one plant has this, and I'm pretty sure this indicates a ph problem, but I was hoping I could get some opinions.
    [​IMG]

Heres just a top view of our favorite plant.
    [​IMG]

Another of the same plant from the side to so the new growth at all the internodes.
    [​IMG]

The leaves here are shriveling and drying up a little, but don't seem to be drying up too much which seemed strange. Any ideas?
    [​IMG]

These next two show some browning tips and edges. It looks like nute burn to me, but not entirely sure. Only one or two plants has it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some more browning, but doesnt really seem like its burned to me. What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]

More shriveling leaves
    [​IMG]

We watered them all without nutes a few days ago, and will probably give them another feeding around the end of the week. Any advice on the pics would be awesome. Time to go unwind after a boring day of class. :smoking:

Peace,
    CC
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm thinking the nute burn, if that's what it is, is from the ferts we used. We also haven't tested ph at all yet, so that could easily be a problem. The only thing I'm really confused about is the shriveling leaves. I've never seen anything like it before. Well, any help would be appreciated with it all. Thanks!

Peace,
    CC

2. classic fert burn sweetie, you may need a flush if it gets any worse

dilute your ferts 50% next time