A ''confessional ''thread::: Have you jumped off the obama bandwagon?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chicken, Aug 9, 2008.

1. it's not too late!

hope and change round 2 coming soon!

2. You guys have fun pretending we live in a democracy....you're just voting for a spokesperson :) ....we elect the best speaker and we also elect someone to blame once things don't go the way we want

3. thanks for pointing that out..

it's quite the revelation you just came up with.

4. Democracy is tyranny by the tiny majority over the large minority. But if Ron Paul got elected not only would the United States change but also the world.

5. [quote name='"AlienBlood"']
    Democracy is tyranny by the tiny majority over the large minority. But if Ron Paul got elected not only would the United States change but also the world.[/quote]

U missed the point completely man....it doesn't matter who's face is behind the podium....whether we elect Ron Paul or Tony the fuckin tiger it just doesn't matter....the people you believe hold power are merely puppets,public figures who's purpose is to distract the poor sheep in the flock....

6. You're wrong. The president has a lot of power with the military, he's the commander in chief. The first day in office Ron Paul could fundamentally transform the world. I also believe he would, his voting record supports that belief. The only reason nothing has changed is because candidates flip flop on issues they campaigned for once they get elected. Ron Paul could do that, but I really don't think he spent his political career working towards a goal that turned out to be a lie....

The only reason Ron Paul would go back on anything he said is if he learned new information....

7. we need sarah palin

8. [quote name='"AlienBlood"']
    You're wrong. The president has a lot of power with the military, he's the commander in chief. The first day in office Ron Paul could fundamentally transform the world. I also believe he would, his voting record supports that belief. The only reason nothing has changed is because candidates flip flop on issues they campaigned for once they get elected. Ron Paul could do that, but I really don't think he spent his political career working towards a goal that turned out to be a lie....

The only reason Ron Paul would go back on anything he said is if he learned new information....[/quote]

Do you know Ron Paul? Everything you've ever heard of him comes from a media source....sources that are continously altered to further whatever agenda is in place....no offense man but you and the rest of the majority that still follow elections are being lied to...whoever wins the election doesn't matter....he's just the best speaker,the best PERSUADER...its all about manipulating the viewers to give them "HOPE" for the next 4-8 years....this world goes deeper than presidencies and other nations leaders...

I'm not replying to this because I simply want to argue my point,its what I truly believe based on years of my own research....and I don't expect you to believe it either....I know I definitely didn't when I first heard of it

9. Do you know what kind of power the president actually has? Your idea says you don't.

The media tends to treat Paul like crap, except for some recent favorable coverage. The fact that the source of information is the media doesn't mean you can't learn from it. Ron Paul has consistently advocated and supported liberty even in the face of interviewers who call him and his ideas crazy. His voting record matches his talk.

If some crazy elites really need to use the powers of the presidency while Paul is in office, they'll have to kill him. They might refrain from fear of a backlash though. Do you want to bring troops home and stop spending money on that shit? Ron Paul can make it happen real fast with an executive order if he wins the presidency. No good like that will ever happen if people take your fallacious attitude that who is in power of our political system has no bearing on our well being.

10. stop spending money on "that shit"?? bring the troops home?? war is the biggest business opportunity amongst the corporations,i mean countries....youre being naive if you truly believe these things...open your eyes

sorry man im gonna stop here...please dont accept everything you hear as fact...if you really believe what you believe about this world and especially this nation then keep on keepin on i guess...

11. You're saying that if Ron Paul is elected he won't bring the troops home? I'm not saying it's likely he'll be elected, but he has an impeccable record you should really check it out:

Votes by Ron Paul - U.S. Congress Votes Database - The Washington Post

Whether you like his positions or not, he is very consistent and he has made it very clear across many public appearances that the first thing he will do is bring the troops home, and he would have the power to do so if he were president.

12. Uhm maybe you should look up Paul's record instead of spouting Bullshit you pull out of your ass. Thanks.

13. k :) :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

14. two more wave smilies and you would've won the argument. Good try.