a close-call that helped: Addiction Progression

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by led.zeppelin.fa, Oct 6, 2009.

1. I'm gonna start by explaining a few things about my use/situation.

other people addressing their own problems: PLEASE ADD YOUR STORIES.
    The only help I can accept or allow myself is from fellow users. I dont trust non-users opinons on the matter much.

I've been IVing heroin for a small number of years, with no reason to quit or ever slow down. Im very careful, hygienic, never resort to criminal or lowbrow shit, etc. seems perfect.
    I've never been physically addicted, and stick to the same dose ever time.

Last night while doing a regular amount, nothing different, I was enjoying the start of a nice, average nod, feeling amazing; when I woke up, assuming i'd been out for a minute or so.
    My friends crouching over me on the couch and explains the following:
    He said I'd just suddenly slunked back, head lulling back. and that he'd come over and seen me making snoring sounds with my eyes open and my lips turning blue.
    He propped my legs up and put me on my side, checked my heart and monitored my breathing which he said both of which were slow.

after explaining I became aware that i felt sluggish and could barely walk.
    threw up, maintained healthy breathing, long story short, Im fine the next day.

Im not sure how this was possible physically, but maybe it was a sign from something higher to check my use.

going to my first narc-anon meeting tonight possibly

2. go to the meeting, you'll thank yourself later

3. thats good your very careful with your drugs and how you use them...then again your iv'ing heroin...not in any way a light or mild drug...it is made using different chemicals and what not so who knows you could have gotten some bad shit your body didnt react well to....so youve been using for a few years and you have no physical addiction??? maybe thats because you use regularly and havent really givin your body a break long enough from the drug to witness the physical addiction??...after that experience of your life being out of your hands, you should probly consider kicking the habit and going to the narc anon meetings...i would consider sticking to the much safer choice, the good ol mary jane...hope tht helps

4. haha Im safe to the point, I synth'd my own heroin from the two last ingredients in the process (if you know you know, if you dont, I didn't tell you).

by regurarily I dont mean daily, like I've gone through psych. withdrawals but haven't had a constant enough supply to be physically dependent/hooked.

yeah when I used to go on little breaks MJ was my bff.

Like that ex girlfriend who always lets you stay over when you get out of jail.
    and she never ever holds it against me for being away.