A Clockwork Orange

Discussion in 'General' started by Radar, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Great movie. Great book. Highly recomended to all blades.

Probablt most of you saw it, but if you didn't deffinatly should.

I personally liked the ending of the book better.

:hello::hello:Good Movie Tell Your Friends!!!:hello:

2. Agreed, I wish Stanley Kubrick had the correct copy of the book when he directed the film version. Has anyone read any other Anthony Burgess? I'm interested in some of his other works.

3. I love both versions of it. I think I like the book a little more, but watching the movie first helped me better comprehend it.

I actually have a poster of it in my room heh.

4. Both great achievements, film and book, Kubrick's vision is hard to explain, but a very interesting take on the story. And it has the best movie poster of all time, or at least a top ten!

5. Everyone always talks of the book, but really you shouldn't. Since when did Kubrick make a movie version of a book? The book was just source material, he created his own piece.

6. "I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony."

An excellent film, Alex arguably greatest post-modern antihero :bongin:

7. Yup, great film...got it on DVD

The daydreams Alex has in prison while he's reading the Bible...:eek:...he's a Roman soldier whipping Jesus on his way to be crucified

Lots of nudity, great soundtrack, classical music and weird synthesizers

8. really a great film! i love that shit!

9. My favorite part is the way it manipulates every viewer I've talked to so far, even if you know thats what it is out to do.
    "Did you feel truely sorry for Alex's victims in the 'first half'?" -No, not really.
    "Did you feel sorry for Alex in the second half?" - Yeah, kinda did.
    How does that work? Happened to me till I caught it.

10. one of my favorite movies ever man!

11. Ah, a nice glass of the old moloko plus. If only it were real.

Or maybe it is?:rolleyes:

12. It is one great movie. I really liked it . I didnt know soo man people liked it.

13. I love it all...but, the rape scene.

For some reason, I can't stomach rape scenes. In "The Devil's Rejects" where he forces her to suck his dick. Man, it turns my stomach...

14. gotta love kubrick

15. haven't seen the movie in about 5 years so how do the endings from the movie/book differ?

16. "The Korova Milkbar sold milk-plus; milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and get you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence."

17. yeah roach, know one knew you we're a clock work fan til now.:p

It's a classic I must say and I do enjoy it's creativness, but I think it gets kind of annoying when you watch it 30 plus times.. ya know?

-JAH

18. The ending of the movie shows Alex back to the way he was in the beginning.

The ending of the book was much different. In the last chapter he started a new gang, with himself once again as the leader. He eventually bumps into Pete, and Pete tells Alex he is married. This gives Alex an epiphany, and he realizes he wants to grow up and give up his old violent ways and maybe have a kid of his own.

Also, in the book, Geogie dies when Alex is in jail because he broke into someone's house, and the owner killed him. And it is Billyboy and Dim who become officers. Where as in the movie, it was Georgie and Dim who become officers.