A Call For Gun Control And Universal Healthcare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't read alot but I want to thow my two cents out there.. I was raised in the south, and got my first 22 when I was 12. And that sucker sat in the gun rack with a box of shells untouched.. Till my Uncle wood come pick me up and we'd go out shooting targets, or rabbits and squirrels. Some nights we'd go coon hunting which was my favorite,, running the dogs at night. Besides Coon fur is worth a decent dollar. By the time I was 16 I had 5-6 guns. shotgun, acouple rifles and a 22, besides my 41mag handgun

I'm not saying all kids at that age should get their first gun. My living situation gave me a good classroom. Damn near all my family hunts.. ALOT.. And they teach their kids the hunt and enjoyment of shooting beer cans....... Even tho my Mother died when I was 5 and didn't know my pops' they took me underwing..

But what I'm saying it's educating kids right. Teaching your kid right from wrong.. Believe me is alot of 'parents' which I say loosely. Don't even try to teach their kids.. WTF does a 18-year-old punk ass kids that lives deep in the city need with a gun? A kid gets a gun,, what's next? He wants to shoot it. No dad to take him to the range or out of town to go plinking afew cans... Family structure is a big part of the blame. Not only to teach the kids but to see what kind of man he is growing into,, as is he crazy''''' and a threat to peoples.......

But no, he runs around with the gun in his waistband just in case he needs to protect himself,,,, instead of taking an ass-whooping for something he probably started anways,,, by feeling 10' tall and bulletproof cus he has a gun... That's trouble.......

Sorry, I don't mean to just jump out there. All this might have already been said? It is sad when that shit happens especially with innocent children.... . I remember back in school we'd get a bomb threat every now and then... Might have just been drills,,, but they were doing them.. Must have been some reason??

But then we were also doing atom bomb drills too. Putting our heads between our legs and kiss your ass good by.......

• Like Like x 3
  2. You can have mass Killings without guns. A Truck or vehicle driven into a crowd and they jump out and start stabbing people. It's happening in Europe where there are fewer guns.

When someone gets drunk and kills someone in a DUI we don't blame the car or alcohol we blame the PERSON responsible why is it different when a Gun is used?

A Better solution is to teach your children some morals and respect for others and how to Shoot!

• Like Like x 6
  3. Hydrated wants us to rely on cops for protection when the courts have ruled they can not be held responsible for our protection......

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. That's right, sling your mud on the regular folk like a MSM corporatist whore. Disgraceful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cigarettes kill more people than guns yet no one here has mentioned banning cigarettes. More humans die from abortion than guns but for some reason we like abortion.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. You can't even see who is posting what. Your half assed insults and "witty" remarks add absolutely nothing to any conversation.

If you think you can actually protect someone, you are thoroughly mistaking.

You are afraid of driving, I doubt you can do anything useful with a gun. Most likely you are going to be another sad statistic, which is actually unfortunate.

7. I don't know if I should be laughing or you just live on a deserted island somewhere.

Did you seriously miss all the cigarette bans from pretty much every public place? Including outdoor areas?

8. Nobody is blaming guns. It's only the people who can't catch up with a conversation who are saying that someone is blaming guns.

By the way can anyone drive a car or do you need to get a license first? What happens to your license if you keep getting tickets even for minor infractions? Have you ever seen a car get impounded for violation of traffic laws?

If you are going to make an analogy, think it through a little. Because most everyone who has been in favor of sane gun laws actually argues that a driver's license-like approach is what we actually need.

So either you've contradicted your own point or you just made an argument in favor of stricter gun laws. Amazing.

9. A hypothetical outcome of the banning of firearms here

Guns are banned from all civilian use. Black market purchasing of firearms escalates. Arrests for people illegally carrying a weapon with the intention of self-protection flood our prisons even more than they currently are. Use of close combat weapons increase. Infections from dirty weapons increase. Fewer deaths, more wounded, but the wounded will most likely have life long damage. Civilians using black market firearms can now more easily threaten civilians following the ban. Outlying police, military, and other forces able to still use firearms abuse the right for illegal activities. Government forced to protect civilians now that they no longer can protect themselves creates a state of emergency where national guard must patrol the streets, more restrictions on personal freedom are created, and public paranoia is at an all-time high. Anti-government factions begin to resists the changes. Civil war begins. Depending on the outcome we will either go back to how it is now or become a very controlled society.

What else might happen before the end of that hypothetical? Temporary reduction in mass shootings, fewer gun accidents.

10. I did miss you speaking out against cigarettes. Should they be banned or not?

11. Closed until forum members can have a respectful conversation...

jmick

12. Opening this again...let's try to keep discussion respectful...

jmick

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lots of them since this thread was temporarily closed.

This one turned out to be another right wing extremist terror attack.

14. #576 Deleted member 574144, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2019
    Hate is a slippery slope, I don't think the rhetoric coming from the White House helps the situation.

This happened 30 miles from my house, still a little shocked someone would shout up kids at the garlic festival. Scumbag Coward :mad2:

For the record, I own a gun and support gun rights. There is no easy answer to this problem other than to fix our sick and hateful society. I am open to some forms of tighter laws, as long as they are within reason. This purchase should have set off a flag for a deeper investigation IMHO. 19 year olds buying assault rifles rarely ends well. I know he could have done this with any gun but the assult rifle purchase should have set off some kind of alarm in the system.

Here is a crazy idea, how about someone under 21 needs a cosigner to buy a gun? That at least gets a third party into the transaction.......many people would not put their reputation on the line for some psycho killer. just a thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. So his rifle wasn't semi auto?

16. It was an AK-47 style weapon from what I've heard, he also had a shotgun I believe.

17. Why are you calling it an assault rifle?

18. Arguing semantics in this situation is kinda pointless. Detracts from the real issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.