A Call For Gun Control And Universal Healthcare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Another mass shooting in America. This is an all out epidemic. Our country has a disease. Gun control and Universal Healthcare are the solutions to these mass shooting events to prevent these heinous acts

The briefing starts at the 15 minute mark.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Government can fix all your problems kids!

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. What do you call people coming together to solve a problem?

4. Here we go again...

• Like Like x 3
  5. I said the same thing when I heard about the shooting yesterday at the Virginia Beach public works building.

6. Some people do crazy things. Let's take away everyone's rights and pretend like it will help.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Idk?

Let us approach this another way.

Is it possible these issues actually stem from a deterioration of moral values, deterioration of the family, deterioration of the individual, too many mind altering prescription drugs, too much suppression, too much war, too much suspicion, hatred, fear, division etc?

Which of those are solved by gun control or healthcare? You really want this insane government to have sole discretion of who can defend themselves? You want this insane government and its medical/pharma corporate circle jerk to be in sole control of the healthcare? Prices will go up, care/quality will go down and over drugging the population will go up until nearly everyone is a drugged up zombie.

All you do is offer the superficial bullshit solutions that these powers project into your head. I am not hating on you, just hope to shock you out of your psychosis.

People shooting random people is a God damned cry of desperation that, thanks to the "OMG GUNS!" crowd, is bring glossed right over. WHY are these people at this point in their life? Why are they unhappy or willing to throw away their life?

Talking about guns is about the most useless exercise if not detrimental to the supposed goal, please stop.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I disagree. I believe both gun control and proper healthcare access for everybody will make these shootings way less common. I personally don't care about your gun rights. They are weapons of mass destruction. Why should everybody have them?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Society has it's priorities fucked up. Guns are legal yet psychedelics are illegal. Reverse that and we have a much happier, and safe, society.

10. "I believe"

Do you? Can you articulate it?

We should all have weapons to defend ourselves from people who violate our rights, plain and simple. If you have a right to life do you not also have a right to defend/protect it?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. You don't need a weapon of mass destruction to defend yourself.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. What baffles me is why there is never anyone shooting back.

(I will live to regret saying that, but it's kinda fun to jump in and stir the pot sometimes.)

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Tell that to your government, Jesus Christ, I have a pea shooter while they have and used atomic weapons and you are worried about me? Priorities man.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. I would venture that perhaps the victims in these shootings were wishing they had a gun.....

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pretty soon the school teachers in Florida will be firing back. Sounds like great place to raise a family huh?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Question, can someone in a wheelchair have a gun for personal protection?

• Like Like x 1
  17. A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man

18. In a gunless society, nobody has guns. And why would a guy in a wheelchair need a weapon of mass destruction to defend himself?

19. Our perhaps people didn't have access to guns...

20. It isn't a strawman, I didn't erect an alternative argument or refute anything, simply posed a question.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.