A 'BIG' Breakthrough - My Girlfriend and Marijuana!

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by kevin12345, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,

Great news, I made a 'big' breakthrough with my girlfriend about marijuana!!! :D

This is probably an issue that has haunted many couples and men and myself, and I hope this can help some guys/girls out-there going thru the same problem!

I'll give you some background information first.

My girlfriend and I recently moved in together, and I quit smoking weed for a few weeks, but then started again, I tried to hide it from her because I knew she didn't like it, but she found out and got upset and cried and threaten to leave me, pick her or weed, etc...

Her perception of weed was that it's harmful and very dangerous and she heard stories of men that would hit or even kill their wife or gf because of marijuana, but I told her I'm not the type of man to hit a women. She says it changes me and I smile or laugh to much!

So I didn't like to see her that way, she told me to quit if I love her!! I do love her so I quit smoking 'cold turkey!' I haven't smoked pot for over 3 months now, but I do miss it at times.

I couldn't say anything to change her mind about marijuana, until now!!!

Unfortunately I became sick nothing serious, but I havn't been sick for years! I had so much on my mind and for some reason the stress and tension in my head wouldn't go away, I couldn't sleep or eat, my head was killing me, I imagined having to drill a hole in my head just to relieve the pain! (I'm not a fan of taking pills or medicines and I haven't for years.)

Anyway, my girlfriend saw me in so much pain and I was telling her I've never felt so bad in years! I started watching videos on the 'benefits of marijuana' by a Harvard doctor and made sure that she could over hear it in the other room. After listening to it, and dispelling all the myths that she had in her mind, she came up to me and said in a sweet caring voice:

"Honey, Do you want to buy some marijuana today?"

I said "yes i was thinking about it", then she replied " alright but don't buy to much like a 1kg" hahaha, I know I wouldn't get that much so I said "yes honey"

Just from her saying that to me, I felt a weight being lifted off my shoulders and head, because I was second guessing our relationship, when she told me it made my decision to be with her more clear and I feel more in love with her!!

I still haven't smoked yet, but just the fact that I know she gave me permission with caring intentions I feel much less stressed and know if I need to smoke I can and not have to feel guilty or hide it from her!!

I hope this story can help others, here is the video with the Harvard Dr. I was talking about: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FRFtP0HsfU"]Benefits of Marijuana[/ame]

Good luck!

2. thats fucking wicked dude, glad you got that shit worked out!

3. Thanks man, me too! :D

4. "Listen to me, never trust anyone who doesn't smoke pot ".

Bonus points for anyone who knows where thats from.

5. The Wackness

6. #6 David5534, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010

You sir have just won, congrats.

Glad you convinced your gf that mj isn't bad, luckily for me i would never go out with someone who is that ignorant.

7. Man you are pussy whipped lol, honey can I buy some marijuana...jeez. Weed > dumb girls who don't understand.

8. Thanks, but I think most people are ignorant about something until they get woken up to the truth, maybe even you! nobody is perfect and many are brainwashed! I think if someone doesn't smoke weed it doesn't make them untrustworthy, that sounds like an ignorant comment!

9. Do you have a girlfriend?, do you love each-other, do you know what love it? I doubt you've ever been in a relationship, you sound like a kid, and you obviously didn't read my post correctly, grow up!

10. So much fail in redchron's post.

Good for you man, glad you got that sorted out... my girl was the same way for a little while... before the first time I got her to toke with me :)

11. I would never stop smoking for a girl even if i loved her.. fuck that hit the road bitchh

12. That's really cool, usually people post about having unaccepting girlfriends so it's refreshing to see a post about someone who's worked it out with their significant other. Is she cool with you smoking just medicinally/to ease your mind, or anytime? Make sure you know so there aren't any future problems when you're not sick anymore and continue to buy ;)

Try to get her to smoke a little bit with you sometime. IMO, pot is always kind of intimidating to someone whose never tried it/hasn't learned to enjoy it (yes, even if they say they're cool with it) because of the whole illegal stigma attached to it.

I also really respect your views when it comes to MJ and relationships. Pot is nice, but alot of people get their priorities confused because of it!

13. No I read it perfectly fine my post makes complete sense in fact....as far as love goes weed has done more for me personally than any girl can, I wouldn't let a girl come between that..not to mention girls who don't like weed and are instead AGAINST it are dumb and I don't date dumb girls.

I don't care if they don't like it, but to not even know its effects....I wouldn't want a girl like that.

14. How do you know what a girl can do for you? That's not to say you haven't had any experience with girls, but just because weed has done more for you in your past experience doesn't mean there is NO girl capable of being more valuable than weed in your life EVER. You can say that later in life, when you're almost done living it, but no way in hell can you know that right now.

And quit making the generalization that every girl that is against their boyfriend smoking weed is dumb. I'm not specifically referring to OP's situation when I say this, but I sure as hell understand where SOME anti-pot girls are coming from if they've experienced things like their guy being a bum and spending ALL his money on weed, or being too busy to smoke to do other things to better themself (i.e., schoolwork)... face it, shit like that happens, although it's by far a minority of the potsmoking population.

Oh and just so you know, no one said your post didn't make sense. OP asked how much experience you've had with relationships, and you replied with more generalizations, which reinforces the assumption that the answer is none.

For the record, the dude picked his GF over weed and sounds like a much happier person than you.

15. Hey man, thanks for your support! It's a positive step in our relationship I feel showing the medical benefits is a start, I have my priorities in order, I'm a professional and run my own business, so I know when it's good time to smoke and when it's not. I'll try to see in my gf wants to smoke with me, but I respect people's choice if they don't want to.

I've seen so many post's about unaccepting girlfriends, I felt that my experience could help these couples. I've had friends break-up with the love of their life because of weed, and it's usually because they don't know how to explain or show the benefits of MJ and try to come to a compromise, and they still love the girl even though she doesn't smoke, I've seen the pain and sadness in these friends because they miss the girl so much. So hopefully this thread can help relationships grow and keep couple together that love each-other.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well maybe you haven't found the right girl, and you haven't had my experiences. You say you wouldn't stop smoking for a girl you loved, have you loved a girl before or a girl that deeply loves you? Then your saying if you love her and she wants you to quit you will tell your gf that you 'love' to hit the road and call her a bitch, doesn't sound like love to me!

Also, what would happen if you found a girl that smokes, and you really love eachother, and one day she want's you to quit to have a family or babies or she just doesn't want to do it anymore and she wanted you to stop or slow down with her for the family and baby, would you tell her to "hit the road bitch"!?

17. Thanks man, me too, that's good that you found a solution with your girlfriend too. how did you get her to smoke with you? What road-blocks, concerns or questions came up before, during or after the first session?

18. Yea I can, I would have probably killed myself by now if it wasn't for weed, I have had a really fucked up childhood and I grew extremely depressed to the point I would have panic attacks and couldn't eat...I just think that a girl who loves you wouldn't make you give up something you love...
    True....Yea you are right lol. But a lot of them are stupid, if you have any common sense you would not care unless it started effecting him negatively.
    No...I am only 19 I had 2 GFs, I'm not in top condition right now exactly...and yea he's probably happier then me I am fairly depressed about life right now...