_-=RigorMortis'=-_ Grow Journal: Northern Lights 08'-09'

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by rigormortis, Sep 4, 2008.

1. #21 rigormortis, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
    UPDATE DAY28

Light- HPS ONLY
    Temp- 70F-83F
    Humidity- 64-72

schedule- 18/6
    Ferts-Foods-Nutes 10-15-10 folar and 24-8-16 food

well my plants are gettin' alot bushier I've arranged everything so the lights aren't right over top and more on the sides. I also a bit of yellowing gowin' on so I gave them a healthy feed of the 24-8-18 during they're normal feeding time but I just gave em' a more concentrated dose and more quanity of it too, I've also heard of bleaching of the leaves from usin HPS only so that maybe causing the yellowing but I'm not sure if thats the problem but the extra dose of nutes dosen't seem to be doin' any harm at all or to be fixing the yellowing leaves for that matter. and its only yellowing on a few leaves on the sides (maybe 4 leaves out of the whole crop) and I would think if it was bleaching from the lights it would effect the tops or closest to the lights but they aren't the ones near the lights it just seems to be random leaves. I dont know tho any insight would be appreciated.
    I just topped em again today 7 tops in all of the big three plants also this will keep em more bushy and keep the upward growth under control. I also got rid of three of the smaller seedlings and the rest of seedlings need to be transplanted like weeks ago but I dont have enough room for em as of now I am in the process of gettin' a grow hut and a new HPS/MH light so that should take care of the cramped space when I get em....
    I'll post pic's of the yellowing leaves later probably tonight..

the nice bushy one best grower named (c1)
    [​IMG]

the scrawny tall one named (c2)
    [​IMG]

the short bushy one named (c3) c3 hasn't moved or grown in a week I dont know why
    [​IMG]

the family picture (left to right) is: c1, c2, c3 and seedlings chillin' in their laps
    [​IMG]

you can kinda see the yellowing leaves, if you have any insite I would like to hear it.

also if you can tell me why you think c3 hasn't made any progress in a week I'd like to hear that too..

I should also say that c1, c2, and c3 are all clones from the same plant

Thanx for stoppin' by

BiZness

2. #22 rigormortis, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
    day 21 of flowering

ok so just a lil update I havent been posting pictures because my dog had chewed threw my power cord on the computer I upload my pictures on. so I'm gonna have to post without pics for a while.
    I figured out what the problem I was having a few weeks ago it was iron deficient so I ph'd the water and gave a healthy dose of nutes and they were a lush green and full of growth after about 6-7 days then I started flowering them on the 1st hopefully I can get my other computer workin' by the time of harvest.

thats all I have to report for now..

ohh and I'm gonna start germ'ing some new seeds today, so by the time I chop these down I have something to keep me occupied.
    they are "Blue Rhino" from HGS I think I'm gonna do this grow all organic well mostly organic...

well thats it for now thanx for stoppin' by

3. Hes right u do need 2 get rid of the tin foil no matter what your heat thing says ...

But hes is a lil bit of a spaz lol ....

Keep up the good work and can't wait 2 see the grow progress ......

Best Regards EazyGreen ...........

4. #24 brianSR, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
    1. Get rid of the tin foil. No, it is not better than nothing. Nothing is better than tin foil.

2. The yellowing you see there is magnesium deficiency. For your next 1 or 2 feedings, put 1 or 2 teaspoons of epsom salts per gallon of water. Make sure it dissolves good before feeding. You would actually be better off buying some kind of calcium-magnesium plant feed solution to fix this, but epsom salt will work if you can not locate or afford it.

3. The canoe like curling of the tops of some of your fan leaves is due to heat stress, get the light farther away from the plants. general rule is, if you place your hand where your plants are and you feel like your being burned, raise your lights until your hand feels warm, but not slowly burning.

4. I think there may also be a slight zinc deficiency. I would recommend buying or ordering some superthrive. It contains a lot of the micro nutrients plants need that your miracle grow type stuff does not contain.

5. thanks brian and easygreen... I replaced the foil with mylar a few weeks ago, I didn't think of the zinc and calcium but I did do the epsom salt for the magnesium a few weeks ago I would say they're doin' %80 better not quite %100 but maybe in another week
    and I'll keep a closer eye on those lights