(:

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Pink Oddity, Jun 7, 2006.

1. no way man, what kinda hypocrite would that make me, jeez.

2. Nah, probably not. There's a threat of my death everyday and that's not enough to change my mind.

3. Thinking about becoming a Christian on your death bed is a place truly unsuitable for such a life changing decision because your life is over. Christianity is a way of living not a get into heaven free card. Clearly the choice would be based on how afraid you are of what's going to happen afterwards. All the great religions of the world aspire toward beautiful goals and seek to circumvent or suppress the chaotic nature of man and how violently it interacts with the world around him. I can respect that, and I don't want to develop a philosophy of life that's a reaction to another philosophy e.g. I don't want to become an atheist because there are fucked up Christians or because God didn't answer a dimwitted prayer I've offered. Life's constant and supreme challenge remains how we respond to what happens to us and it's constantly showing us that you never know what to expect next.

There are two groups of people I rarely listen to, "believers" and "atheists," because if you ask me--and you're under no fucking obligation to--both groups don't have a leg to stand on. The universe holds mysteries profoundly beyond the minds and dreams of men. We have but a sliver of understanding of the whole, so when and how did it become okay to extrapolate all these absolutes we beat each other over the head with? If that same universe could produce creatures as amazing as us imagine what else it has produced. Only the absurdly arrogant stand assured.

On my death bed I'm going to thank whatever powers that be or twist of fate for my life, and though it hasn't been a perfect one, I have lived and that I think is the whole point.

"We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears. We must not demean life by standing in awe of death."

~David Sarnoff~

Stay green.