97.5 People Arrested Every Hour For Marijuana!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Storm Crow, Sep 20, 2011.

1. 97.5 People Arrested Every Hour For Marijuana : Gothamist

97.5 People Arrested Every Hour For Marijuana

Remember when President Obama's "Drug Czar" Gil Kerliokowske said that it was time to end the "War on Drugs?" Yesterday, the Federal Bureau of Investigation released the country's annual uniform crime report and in 2010, 853,838 people were arrested for marijuana-related offenses, or 97.5 people per hour, the highest ever reported. 52% of all drug arrests in the US are marijuana-related, 46% of those are for possession.

Luckily, we have a massive budget surplus and infinite law enforcement resources to combat marijuana, the scourge of the modern man. Think of the untold millions who are spared the fate of fatally overdosing from marijuana when they are welcomed into the nation's vast network of empathetic drug-treatment programs instead of jail. Minorities and whites are treated equally under this system, and their arrests are spread out evenly by race.

President Obama has taken the issue of medical marijuana seriously, and the patients with AIDS, ALS, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis C, pruritus, osteoperosis, theumatoid arthritis, Tourette's syndrome, glaucoma, cerebral palsy, and chronic pain, who are mistaken about the medical benefits of marijuana (there are none) will eventually learn to cope. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVE0KWVfp9w"]It's not as if they're being prosecuted anyway.[/ame]

So why end the War on Drugs when everything is going swimmingly? If you ever feel the need to cut loose, try the 100% legal and healthy alternative to marijuana: alcohol.

Contact the author of this article or email tips@gothamist.com with further questions, comments or tips.

Of course, this is sarcasm thick enough to cut with a knife! :cool: But the fact is, over 2,300 Americans are arrested every 24 hours for cannabis. Arrested for using a more enjoyable and healthier alternative to alcohol and tobacco! :smoke:

So how do we change this? :confused_2: Here's my plan for you becoming an activist- the easy way! :D

Get a PDF of my current List - it's way bigger than the List here at GC! (click that first link in my sig, if you haven't seen it yet) You get the PDF by emailing me, or sending me your email in a PM. My email addy is at the bottom of my sig.

Read the news articles in my List on any subject that catches your eye! Breast cancer, diabetes, Mad Cow Disease, MRSA , Alzheimer's are good ones to start with.

Bookmark ALL of your politicians from this List-
    Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov

Make a form letter- Turn about is fair play- they send US form letters all the time! :p)

Dear Congressman Jones,

I support the legalization and rescheduling of cannabis. You should, too! Here is one reason why-

(Insert news article or medical abstract from my List here)

Sincerely,

Your Name, a proud (Your state) voter!

Then send an email and print up a copy and send it snailmail. Emails are considered as the "voice" of 10 voters. A snailmail letter is the "voice" of 100 voters! With just the time it takes to smoke a joint:smoke:, you can become the "voice" of 110 votes to several politicians! :eek:

And for those of you who say, "THIS NEVER CHANGES ANYTHING- THEY JUST IGNORE US!" :mad: - well read this!

Medical marijuana legalization getting new life at Statehouse - Springfield, IL - The State Journal-Register

Posted Apr 30, 2011 @ 10:37 PM
    \tIllinois House Republican leader Tom Cross' change of heart could mean a change in the prospects for medical marijuana in Illinois.

\tCross, R-Oswego, had opposed the legislation in the past, but changed his mind after hearing from constituents and members of the medical community, spokeswoman Sara Wojcicki said.....

Are you registered to vote? Have you asked your friends if THEY are registered to vote? (Throw a registration party?:smoke: ) If you don't vote, you don't have a right to gripe about the government! And there are a LOT of MJ related things coming up on ballots soon! I want every blade at GC registered to vote! :hello:

And you think teasing the trolls at GC is fun? :devious: Try an online prohibitionist! :poke: Now THAT is fun! I hit the online news and do a news search for "medical marijuana". Some of the prohib rants I find are all but rabid! :eek:

I can just about see them trying to pound out an intelligent response when I counter their "Pot causes lung cancer" claims with "[FONT=&quot]Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial growth factor-induced lung cancer cell migration in vitro as well as its growth and metastasis in vivo" and WebMD's "[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors".:smoke:
    I usually challenge them to read my List and come back and tell us what they think- oddly, very few have returned to say anything! :eek: lol

And we all have relatives, friends and co-workers that we KNOW could benefit from medical cannabis. Here is where the Post Office is your best friend! They don't require a return address on envelopes! Get a friend to address the envelope and you are totally anonymous! ;)

"Uncle Joe" needs to know that CBD (that can't get him high) will stop that painful diabetic neuropathy from getting worse and ease the pain, and CBD will protect his eyes from diabetic retinopathy :eek: (#1 cause of blindness in US adults) and it can protect his heart from diabetic damage- especially if he adds Omega 3 to his diet! :love:

So send him the news articles and educate him! He doesn't deserve to suffer, when there is cannabis. And "Uncle Joe" will never vote for legalizing recreational use:smoking:, but a safe medicine he can grow for pennies, might be anther story! [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

How about devoting 15 minutes a week (a day? :D) to being an activist! We have to stop this madness. We are losing over 2,000 people a day to these insane laws! when will the odds catch up with you? (I'm relatively safe in California.:smoke: )

Time to change things! :yay:Become an activist! :hello:

Granny :wave:

[/FONT]

2. Consider it D.O.N.E., Granny!! :metal:

3. Great read, thanks for everything Granny.

4. Always dropping the wisdom! I'm so far behind on reading your links, but I will eventually read them all.

5. To everyone contemplating getting a PDF of Grannies list......do it, i did all the cool kids are doing it, all the girls automaticly think your cool if you do it..;) Do it guys it's awesome :D

And granny consider it done :hello:

6. Will it... make you feeeeel gooooood?

7. It's better than sugar :eek:

8. Anyone else think the stuff in the picture doesn't even really look like weed?