90w LED UFO heat

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by santacruz, Sep 13, 2009.

1. ok im growing in a small stealth cab and its like 2x2x2ft. I just installed my home made carbon filter and a new 4.5 in. computer fan that moves a lot of air. It worked all good but the catch was I could now only have 2 26w cfls and if the cab was closed all day the temp would climb up to 90f but Ive been keeping it at around 77-85. I really want more light but I caint deal with all the heat it puts out. So im thinking about getting this 90w tri-ban ufo and I was wondering if it puts out as much heat or less then two 26w cfls?(this might only be able to be answerd by a 90w ufo owner) Im trying to get the maximum amount of light and yeild without getting a nosiy in-line, I already baught one and it was to loud and it would like take up 1/3 of my grow area:mad: so I returned it.

2. i feel you man, Im Looking at the same thing, already have my 400hps, but the cool tube's fan is way too loud, so i might go with The 90w led ufo.

3. Hey guys i have a 90w Tri-band UFO in my grow box, and my temps never get above 85 degrees. Thats on a hot day, normally they stay around 82-83 and my humidity from around 35% to 40%

I would deff recommend

4. Im just worried because my ventilation sucks but its the best I can get. How would you compare the heat it puts off to the heat a cfl puts off.

5. well i had 2 65w cfls in my cabinet, and i was getting into the 90s with my temp, and humbidy down to the 20s.

6. Then im guessing the UFO would make more heat then my 2 26w cfls. Or maby around the same

7. I have a 90w ufo. My grow area is a bit larger. abiyt 3x3x5. just the ufo had temps about 78-80f i put in 4 26w cfls and the temp skyrocketed to like 92-95f. I made a outtake with a fan. metal ducting. a small box, and some furnace filters with activated carbon. my tems are back at 80-85. i'd say one 90w ufo would be more light and less heat. the heat is emitted on the back of led diodes, and they all usually have 3 fans on the back, pretty quiet. so at least it disperses the heat away from your plants and moves the air a bit more. im trying 5 plants in there though. i imagine one ufo by itself should do 1 or 2 plants. i can't imagine much more than that. those plants are gonna heve to be super small for an 8 ft square area.

what about smell when it flowers, is that going to be a problem?

Also with the ufos, they are effective about 6inches i have found. that means you have 3 inch ufo, 6 inch space from plant, so

8. I have a 90w ufo. My grow area is a bit larger. abiyt 3x3x5. just the ufo had temps about 78-80f i put in 4 26w cfls and the temp skyrocketed to like 92-95f. I made a outtake with a fan. metal ducting. a small box, and some furnace filters with activated carbon. my tems are back at 80-85. i'd say one 90w ufo would be more light and less heat. the heat is emitted on the back of led diodes, and they all usually have 3 fans on the back, pretty quiet. so at least it disperses the heat away from your plants and moves the air a bit more. im trying 5 plants in there though. i imagine one ufo by itself should do 1 or 2 plants. i can't imagine much more than that. those plants are gonna heve to be super small for an 8 ft square area.

what about smell when it flowers, is that going to be a problem?

Also with the ufos, they are effective about 6inches i have found. that means you have 3 inch ufo, 6 inch space from plant, so roots and pot included lets say five inches. so..... you would oly have about ten inches for 10 inch plants fully matured?
    you are going to have to lst the shit out of it.

hope sme of this random info helps

9. #9 santacruz, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
    OMG im so happy right now I bought this 2ft 7in tall 1ft 3in deep and 2ft 3in wide wooden cabinet, where the whole front is on two big hunges for 60$ and im going to hook up my carbon filter and fan and maby another filter and another fan beacuse I have so much space now and im getting a 90w ufo and eventually some cfls or maby a big 150w soft white cfl to add as supplimental lighting. and im thinkin of making a grow journal. Does anyone have a suggestions on what company of 90w ufo to get? I was thinking of getting this one because of such a good price, does anyone have experience with this UFO? or does any one know if this is good? Red LED Wavelength: 660nm, Blue LED Wavelength: 460nm