90-105 degree temps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by coloradoboy, Jun 20, 2009.

1. If I am dealing with these temperatures, should I plant in partial shade? The girls are young and about 4" tall right now, about to go outside. They are in small pots.

2. plant in full sun just make sure to keep them watered

3. williamspartan is correct.
    Plant in full sun just make sure to keep them watered.
    Give them as much sun as you can, they love it.
    Good Luck!:)

4. Deep south huh? Same here.

5. I'm dealing with roughly the same temps but m in the tropics. anyhow ive been working on 'self-watering' grows and found a ton of ways to reduce how often you have to water.
    the best one so far is bury a gallon jug of water and poke a pin hole in the bottom. also find some peat moss and make ur soil mix at least 30% peat moss since it retains water.

6. Yes, very deep and extremely hot about 95 today and humid.

7. In 90 - 105 temps a gallon will not last long. Peat moss or not.

8. your right cantharis a gallon doesnt go a long way.

9. Same down here Full sun but the soil will dry verryyyy quickly so just keep misting the top of the soil when needed.

10. If I were merely MISTING my soil I would never stop. At the moment my girls in the bigger pots are taking about 8 or 9 litres every 2 days.

11. I kinda suspected that a gallon would not be nearly enough, but I found the idea fascinating. I think that a combination of the soil, the jugs, and the fact that I'm right next to a water source will mean that I wont have to visit the site everyday but rather like once a week