9 day old seedling help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Irmassuljic, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Helloooo I stopped stressing so much since day 6 but today I looked and my two little leafs look like they are dropping :( did I over water?? What do I do! Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. They look great actually, nothing to worry about there. Just make sure your growing medium is almost dry before each watering/feeding and you won't have anything to worry about, at least in regards to overwatering. I always recommend new growers to watch out for PH issues, that was the most common problem I faced while still getting the hang of things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Look good to me

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. The most important thing for seedlings is a healthy dose of litfa mate.
    So go roll a fatty and leave it the fuck alone :)
    All good dude.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ok awesome !!!! I got a PH reader but it keeps changing numbers... so until my new one comes I have been using Ozark water since I planted. And I think it has like a ph of 5.9 or so. It feels dry whenever I put water just last night I moved weird and poured more water then I usually do so I noticed them dropping I got worrried. I usually give water at night when I turn off the lights and then during the day spray 2 or 3 times

6. Essentials win the match for ph meters mate.
    Only £40 and it's more accurate than a bluelab and never needs calibrated.
    Had mine 3 years and the battery died before it went of by a single digit.

7. I’m going to look into that one! Any ideas if I should do anything cause my plants alittle tilted..?

8. Nah just let her plod on mate. Seedlings do all sorts of weird shit. Just them adjusting to life in your artificial version of nature. Can take a couple weeks for them 2 get settled depending on what's in the pot.
    The more nutes are in it the slower they'll grow to start with. Just be patient though.
    Give her mild lighting and all will be well :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. That's probably why they looked as if they were dropping then. I normally water my plants while the light is still on, and in many cases the plants will actually perk up (the fan leaves anyways). Do you have any buffering agents in your soil, like lime for example?

The 5.9 water could actually become a problem later on down the line. In fact this very thing is what happened to me on my first grow. The water I was using was slowly acidifying my grow medium, and after several weeks my plants begin to show what looked like calcium deficiency, but it was actually calcium lockout.

Long story short, I almost lost my plants before I found out what was wrong. This is why I tell new growers to watch that PH closely. Keep it between 6.5 and 7 (6.8 is about ideal). Incidentally, what light cycle are you using? Most common ones are 20/4 and 18/6. But I find 16/8 to be superior, they mature and show their sex much earlier from my experience. Just some food for thought. If what you're doing right now is working, I say don't change anything. Just watch the PH closely.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. I hadn't even spotted the ph of the water there lol. He's right though. Be fine for now but...

11. No I actually used just potting mix miraclegro. But after I planted it I read that the soil I used is horrible so I’m just waiting to put it in a bigger pot and use the foxfarm soil I bought. I’m doing 19/5. Lights turn off at 11 and back on at 4. But I think I’m going to start doing 18/6. I can’t wait to find out the sex!!! I’m going to definitely start watching the ph more. Thanks for the tips

12. That's fine for now. Both MiracleGrow and FoxFarm come pre-buffered, either with lime itself or comparable ingredients. I would definitely recommend getting some dolomite lime on hand though. I prefer the pellets, the powder will absorb faster though.