9 day old MIRACLE GROW SOIL

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by motionmountain, May 6, 2011.

1. Lol ya same here I always catch grief for it, nah no journal or pics, cuz of my rep and activism around here I'm constantly a person of interest so I take some extra precautions to keep safe, I'm almost strictly cfl. That is I use cfl for my own but I'm involved in a lot more crops than just mine, I just recently moved so my setup isn't what it once was but right now I'm in a 2x1x2' tall shelf for flower, another shelf same size divided in half for my mother on one side and clones or sprouts on the other, I can fit 2 good size plants in flower cab or 1 SCROG or like 18 SOG, with yeast fermenter hoses1/2-3/4" directly above an individual, or between 4 SOG

2. FFOF sucks ill never use it again... its a bug paradise and not a great mix if you ask me...burns some plants...dont get me wrong..its far better than MG but IMO root organics is the best by far.Since i switched my buds taste better bigger yield and no BUGS!!!! FFOF is 5 dollars worth of crap in a 10 dollar bag...IMO :D

3. i like the idea of using yeast as a co2 source. how is that working for you compared to burner type units? if it werent for the Cfl's i dont think there would be half the grows on here that are. personally i have a small veg box. 18x18x36 with 130w of 6500k cfl's for flowering i have 2 2x4 4 lamp t8 fixtures w/ 256w of 2700k, ive had decent results with this setup, and i cant complain because i am on my 3rd grow and still have less than $100 in it.

4. #104 Ccoastal, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ya the yeast works super well a lot of ppl don't like it cuz yeast can get spendy sometimes and u need to change it every so often but I buy bulk from a food distributer, I haven't used the burners but I've used the blocks and they work good, recently I was talking to someone about ppm in the cab, he didn't think yeast made a big diff, but the way I do it is so the co2 cascades over the plants being concentrated instead of gettin pumped all around the whole room where it's not needed, HID will always be around because of the results they give but cfl is the wave of the future it enables anyone to grow anywhere that's what's led me to do my breeding for a strain that is specifically for cfl (it can be grown other ways too) its bred out tho for shortness, response to training dense nugs under cfl and of course sticky ickyness lol

5. i had a problem with bud density my first go round but i think that is partially due to the fact i had no clue wtf i was doing.. havent got into co2 supplementing yet, but i have a 32g prefilled tank that was for an paintball gun that i no longer have, i could rig something up and use that for the time being.. you using baker's yeast or brewer's yeast? (they are different species of yeast and produce different amounts of Co2)

6. if i were to use miracle grow witch one should i use guys? first time grower and all 6 of my babies have sprouted so far? All opinions much appreciated as i like to hear all so i can decide myself :)

7. Sorry, im using potting soil at the moment (should have said) :)

8. which brand potting soil are you using? that question/comment really makes no sense.

9. Soz lol im saying i have planted 6 seedlings in cups and in potting soil (Cant remember the make) but they are doing good atm. Anyway, my intention is to change to miracle grow when i plant them to their final home as well as some perlite and i wondered what miracle grow was best buddy?

10. personally i prefer the OG mg potting mix.

11. I use bakers yeast I could prob get brewing yeast from my distributor but I've got a 10 lb bag of it

If u absolutely must use MG soil use 4 month not 6, it's easier/possible to flush

12. thanks man. i live in the uk so i should be able to get that no bother, mix that with perlite yeah?

13. 4 and not 6! cool, got it buddy what about perlite?

14. #114 Ccoastal, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ya I would add either perlite, sterile sand, or dolomite for drainage seems to me the MG soil I got my garden plants in are full of fluffy wood and I added some to increase drainage, for a lot of grows ppl use 1/3 dolomite 1/3 vermiculite and 1/3 peat moss its absent of nutes so it's easy to control what goes in when and how much without any guesswork, or just do some roaming around the garden department or garden supply store and look for soils specifically for tomatoes those work really well but u still add nutes

15. Thanks Ccoastal, that sounds good advice! the dolomite helps CO2 yeah? i should be able to get these things relatively easy. yeah, my worry with MG was the nutes, so ideally i would like to be in control... i`m totally new to this and i am on day two of my growing at the moment but a lot of what you said i`ll take on board buddy after veg :)

16. As far as I know dolomite only releases co2 when dissolved in hydrochloric acid, but it might in super low levels, not enough to make a bug diff, dolomite has more to do with adding drainage whereas vermiculite helps retain moisture and nutrients in its holes

17. #117 motionmountain, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    k kingskate or whatever ur name is with skate in it ..LOL i forgot right now...anyways heres latest pic taken right now and i decided not to top it! cuz i wanna hurry and finish this one so i can get my auto afghan kush started

Attached Files:

18. put some more soil in that bucket and start lsting her...

19. Nice she looks clean n heathy! just super crop it :D its a lot less stressful and it comes out of shock faster!

20. OMG so i got the rest of my big bag of mg soil chillin on my back porch ...havnt touched it in almost a month since i planted......i went to open it and it was soaked and i dumped it out to get air and freaky spiders crawled out of it ....so FUCK THAT i aint touchin the shit! lol guess ill go pick up some different soil to level off the bucket eh.....do i need to wait for more soil before i put a hook in the soil and start lst'ing it ?