8x16x8flwr, 14x5x8veg, 3m90ed Orcafilm/Orcatape, BlackDog PHYTOMAX2, lightrail 5, no heat signature

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bigdaddy76, Apr 11, 2020.

1. #21 Bigdaddy76, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    I’m not using tents, I’m building custom rooms. That’s why I still have flexibility in what I’m doing, because I haven’t started framing yet. If I kept all 3 1000’s in flower room, with either 3 4x4 footprints or 3 5x5 footprints, what brand lights would you suggest for flower room and what size should room be? I’d like to keep my mothers in there, along with next veg cycle. Is this the veg light you suggest? Cost is irreverent! Horticulture Lighting Group HLG 550 V2 BSpec Veg Quantum Board LED Panel

• Like Like x 1
  2. mid cost is irrelevant, I would go with a Gavita 1750 LED per 4x4 or fluency Spyder 2i for flower, but you already have the Black Dogs.

Gavita Pro 1700e Gen2 LED Grow Light

for veg just figure 25 watts per sf of space and use however many of these you need. They’re dimmable so get a tad more wattage than necessary

Horticulture Lighting Group HLG 300L V2 BSpec Full-Spectrum 270W Quantum Board LED Grow Light (Veg)

3. How many mothers and small plants in veg can you efficiently put under your light. I’m going to need to be able to keep 5-8 mothers alive, along with my next rotation, for 3 4x4 footprints or 3 5x5 footprints. Best part for me is, I got such a smoking deal on my Phytomax 2’s, paying less then cost, if I end up not liking them, I can sell them and not lose money or very little money. However if I can yield at least 1.5g/watt, I’ll be over the moon. I know professionals can get over 2g/watt with them.

4. you need to do the math. For veg, 25 watts per sf. Design your room accordingly, then order the lights needed to cover it

5. So
    So the HLG 550 V2 BSPEC says wattage is 240-400 but is the equivalent of a 1000 watt HID. So what wattage number do I use to figure it out?

6. throw out all equivalent wattages. It’s true watts only.

7. My bad, I guess I’d navigated to the phytomax (1?)1000, the model yours is a replacement for. But please don’t let my mistake in model numbers dissuade you from hitting the book and doing more research yourself. I get it, we researched so me we just KNOW our decision was the right one. But the way the info is set up through forums and such, it can be daunting trying to find current, up to date info. Then you have diehards stuck in their way advocating for outdated tech and nonsensical stoner science against all other scientific data out there to disprove and prove things. Back to your light, the (3) Phytomax 2 1000 and the one Phytomax 2 800? I’m going to them to pull the data and I’ll return. Before I do, I’m going to tell you that it is not the brand that is lackluster. Not at all. It is the technology I’m speaking for. So while I was wrong in your particular model being discontinued, my point stands. I’ll return with your data on your light! Understand I want everyone to get the best grow experience they can have. I’m not out to butt heads or make waves or brand recommendations. Not this guy. I just like the competition! Not a lot a bigger grows on here. I need more growers with better tech than mine to aspire to. You mr money bags, seem to have the resources to put one hell of a grow together. But we’ve gotta address your light!!!! I shall return with data! And after I get this washing machine balanced smh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I kind of figured that about equivalent wattages but it’s actual wattage range varies from 240-400, which makes it a bit harder to figure out which number to use. Advertising claims 8x8 footprint, which I think would cover my needs.

9. One more thing, the main factor that set black dog apart from the rest is that they claim true wattage. A 1000w led is 1000+ watts with them. Where everyone one else, the take the wattage the chips/diodes can handle, multiply by the number of diodes/chips, and boom 1200w led light. Black dog pushes their chips!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. #30 Soil2Coco, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    agreed. Though I’ve been quite a failure mostly since last year I was just trying to stay alive, but I’m coming back with a few decent grows. I have plenty of lights, since I was testing them for Mars, Vividgro, HLG, and a few others, but I’ve dialed things back a bit to be more efficient and concentrating more on quality

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. #31 Bigdaddy76, Apr 19, 2020
    Another damn repeat post!

12. it depends if you want them maxed all the time of not. 4 of those lights will give you 1600 watts which is 25 watts per sf in a 8x8

13. Chill bro, if I remember right you had some other things going on that kept your focus. Totally understandable. Now, I’m not sucking dick, but you definitely do your thing! Shoot, I stay checking your grow too. When I have tome to browse anyway.

As for you and you’re efficiency, that’s my point. You’ve overdone it and are now trying to fine tune things. So by watching your grows and builds, I have somewhat of a blueprint to follow. Of course, I’m trying to take a page from everyone’s book to put together my own!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ight, I just looked into the correct model light and pulled this from their site. With this, we know what performance we want to beat!!

Attached Files:

15. #35 Bigdaddy76, Apr 19, 2020
    Check this out. Find the Best LED Grow Lights for 2015
    I actually get OCD on this shit and have spent at least 10 hours researching lights, alone. That link I gave you kind of made mind up. I wouldn’t exactly call me Mr Money Bags, besides having that amount available to build this, but I aspire to do it correctly, like a mini commercial set up, the first time and don’t EVER want to have the wants, thinking my quality and yields could be improved with better equipment. With top of the line gear, great genetics, yields and quality will come down to my ability to grow, and absolutely nothing to do improving gear. That’s my whole thought process. Putting $10,000- $13,000 into a set up is nothing, if you can pull quality weight consistently. I’m looking at it as an investment. Especially, that I’m spending $500-$600/ month at the dispensary! Absolutely pays for itself, in no time. I’m aspiring to try to go commercial in 4 or 5 years and will working on my process to perfect to the best of my ability over time. Like I said I get OCD on this shit and am always researching and will be doing side by side tests, with cuts off same plant.

16. ? I guess I’m not understanding.

17. those Black Dog lights will provide the 900 ppfd needed to flower a 4x4 space each. My concern would be the spread. A good light meter would be a sound investment for you to dial the room in. If you’re getting 900 directly under the light, but 500 around the perimeter, you’re essentially using a HPS light that cost you $1,500.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. there’s no money in legal grows unfortunately. Maybe if you could develop a solid hookup to many dispensaries for clones, but even then it’s so easy to cut you out. There’s just too much overhead in the legal way to do things. When on the black market, I can consistently get $10 per gram and have nobody else but my grow to pay (electric, pots, soil, etc)

• Like Like x 1
  19. My bag, Me. Money bags was a terrible joke. I mean, I thought it was good, but the reception, ehhh lol. Excuse me, I type like I talk. Or try to. But trust, I know those lights were the shit! But so was Carmelo Anthony in ‘15, look at him now lol. To keep it all the way funkadelic with you, If me from this time last year heard me now talking someone away from BD, I’d slap me. I wanted those. I didn’t know about qbs, so I wanted the best led lights and all signs pointed to purple light LEDs. The pinnacle being black dog. I can’t lie tho. A couple people did mention quantum boards but HLG’s prices were too rich, and I didn’t think I could wire lights.

20. Just like S2C is explaining. Light spread is key. Having multiple units/lights covering your grow space will allow you to provide the entire 6x6 area with a better PPFD footprint while being efficient as well, less wasted electricity. Quantum board style lights provide coverage and in doing so produces a better and custom footprint.

So let me spit ball. Say you wanted to put two BD’s in a 6x6, that’s 2000+ watts. With qbs you can cut about 500w while improving footprint. I say improvement in footprint because you you’d have more light sources and less hotspots.

• Agree Agree x 1