82W Cfl Cabnet Grow 5 Weeks Old

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by the local toker, Jul 16, 2014.

1. So this is a bagseed I do not know the strain, I have it under 3 23w 6500k cfl's and 1 13w 2700k cfl, I have it in store bought organic soil, water with dechlorinated tap water, it is 5 weeks from germination. This morning I loosened the soil and gave it a flush for the first time, I use vegetative nutes with an NPK of 12-4-8 and I am just recently starting to put it outdoors for 3-4 hours a day whenever possible. It has had very slow growth, but seems to be responding well to me loosening the soil and giving it a flush, since It was most likely water logged. What do you all think?

Attached Files:

2. #2 the local toker, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    This is my first grow so dont critisize too hard, I know its small for its age :/

3. First, how is flushing going to help with it being 'waterlogged'? Second, what type of soil is it, what brand? And what's with all the sticks, did that come in the bag? Lmao

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 the local toker, Jul 16, 2014
    Nutes were getting built up from previous watering before I knew the soil was too compact and not draining correctly so I washed out all the excess chemicals in the soil by flushing it after I loosened the soil up and it started draining correctly, as for the type of soil I do not know. And as for the mulch there was some in the bag so yes it came with it.

5. #5 the local toker, Jul 16, 2014
    Please correct me if that was the wrong move to make by flushing it as your plants far surpass mine, but Iv been doing a lot of research and thought from what I read that flushing would be ideal in my situation

6. #6 noizviolation, Jul 16, 2014
    Flushing was likely good in a well draining situation, but being so stunted you should be treating it as a baby still, no bottled sewage as "vostok" would say. Your store bought soil likely had enough nutes to take it from seed to harvest =) maybe repot her and mix some perlite in for better draining. If the soil is not draining you really aren't flushing much of anything.

7. Probably wasnt the 'wrong move', since I'm not sure of your feeding schedule and whatnot. However I would recommend looking into different types of soil in your area and you definately need some perlite/vermiculite/rice hulls for aeration, probably about 25-35%.The soil is probably the biggest downfall, the roots cant get the air they need which slows the growth and how big your plant gets is directly correlated with the root structure.
    I'm not expert on this though :)

8. Yeah I was gonna mention something about nutes but wasn't sure if it would still be able to feed itself from what was stored in the seed after 5 weeks