8 x 4 Tent design.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by smokeylungs, Jul 7, 2013.

1. #1 smokeylungs, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
    So I'm about to start my 3rd grow, it will be a 4 x 8 with 2 600W A/C lights. I've got a basic idea of what I want to do but I'm not sure if it will work.

Here is a pic of what I am planning.
    room.png

-The blue circles are Oscillating fans.
    -The red squares are passive intake holes which I will figure out how to light proof.
    -The yellow squares will be my carbon filter which will be hooked up to the light hood.
    -The green squares are the air cooled reflectors.
    -The black rectangles are the ventilation.
    -The grey circles are the 6" 400 cfm fans these will be pulling air from the grow room, threw the carbon filter, over the bulb. then I will vent one upstairs and one into another room in the basement.

So what I was wondering is, instead of running both lights in a row and then having a different fan for ventilation would it work if I just use the 2 400CFM fans I have, run 1 on each light like in the photo 24hrs and forget a separate ventilation setup all together? my basement is pretty cool, around 68 even on the hottest day so the passive intakes would be drawing in pretty cool air and the exhaust would be far away from the grow area.

if not ill probably get a 8" and run the 2 lights together and use the 6s for exhaust but Im not sure if id be able to afford the fan and 3 filters because I just got another light setup plus the tent and I still have to re-up on nutes.

Any thoughts? would this work at least for a little while until I can get the other supplies and separate the tent ventilation from the light ventilation.

2. You only need 1 filter. Connect both lights to one fan.

I have a similar area and am planning on running 2 fans, 1 through the lights and one from the tent filtered to outside. The fan going through the lights will pull from your room, not the tent so you dont need to filter it. if its cold you can use the duct to heat your tent otherwise it heats your room/outside.

3. It would definitely work the way you drew it up.

• Like Like x 1