8 Points of Fascism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Irishchoctaw, Oct 31, 2012.

1. How many do you recognize in America?

Fascism is a system:

1) In which the government acknowledges no restraint upon its powers - totalitarianism

2) In which this unrestrained government is managed by a dictator - the leadership principle
    3) In which the government is organized to operate the capitalist system and enable it to function - under an immense bureaucracy
    4) In which the economic society is organized on the syndicalist model, that is by producing groups formed into craft and professional categories under supervision of the state
    5) In which the government and the syndicalist organizations operate the capitalist society on the planned, autarchical principle
    6) In which the government holds itself responsible to provide the nation with adequate purchasing power by public spending and borrowing
    7) In which militarism is used as a conscious mechanism of government spending, and
    8) In which imperialism is included as a policy inevitably flowing from militarism as well as other elements of fascism.

:(

2. "Welcome to the united snakes.
    Land of the thief, home of the slave.
    Grand imperial guard where the dollar is sacred and power is God":(

3. I started reading and I didn't think number 1 and 2 were true for the US, but the rest is pretty much spot on.

4. I'd say more or less the same.

We're hanging by our little finger on our left hand onto number 1, though. The Constitution is next to meaningless.

One big currency collapse and economic meltdown is all we need for 1 and 2 to be checked off the list.

Even still, it is frightening to see what we have in common with fascist states from the past. This list in the OP was taken from this article:
    What Is Fascism? - John T. Flynn - Mises Daily

5. A currency collapse could speed these things up very quickly indeed, there's plenty of examples of that in history.

6. [quote name='"Johnny Cash"']I started reading and I didn't think number 1 and 2 were true for the US, but the rest is pretty much spot on.[/quote]

Actually 1 is true only 2 isnt

7. I would say number 1 applies. The Gov. has restraint on its powers(constitution) but the Gov. will not acknowledge restraint on its powers(it pretends the constitution is dead or doesn't exist).

8. They still have rules they impose on themselves. Those rules are the constitution, although some parts of it may have been misinterpreted and abused.