8 plants not enough space, What should i do.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CODinmybones, May 16, 2011.

1. Is 60-62 to low of a tempature for lights off?

2. #22 Ccoastal, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No, u want temps between 72-80 and a ten degree drop for lights off is a-ok

3. SO to correct my situation would be buying a heat mat? Like i said its 79-80 during lights on and around 62 lights off.

Thank you.

4. No ur fine I mean u can drop to 60 (10 below daytime tenps) at night with no worries

5. Sorry Ccoastal but I highly disagree, I don't know where you are getting your facts from but temperatures below 70 degrees F are too cold for almost all Cannabis plants. Ideal temperature for daytime should be 70-80 degrees F. Night temperatures should be kept over 60 degrees F to prevent stress, stimulate hormones and reduce stem elongation....at least keep the temperatures at 65 degree's lowest.

6. #26 Ccoastal, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Disagree all u want 60 is fine if u don't think so go look at a grow guide I'm pretty sure High Times has one on YouTube. also cold temps stunt growth, not lead to stretching stems. I'm not saying u should drop below 60 but it's fine if ur at 60-62 at night, this isn't just coming from browsing around the Internet unlike other ppl this comes from experience. Are u really sayin he should go buy a heating pad over 3 degrees? Think about it.

7. Negative, I am not saying to buy a heating pad. I am simply saying what I think.

I also have a grip of grows under my belt. I am not under experienced.

So there is no need to get snippy with me, I am putting in my 2 cents like everyone else here, The route he chooses to go is up to him.:smoke:

8. Lol ok, well saying what I know 60 is fine, being snippy? Look who talkin bro idk where u gettin ur info but..... 3 degrees is fine ive seen grows get to 58 with no major draw backs, also if u had a grip o grows u would know that cold temps dont lead to stretching plants, in fact it's quite the opposite

9. If ur really worries about low night temps, switch your timers around so ur dark hours are during the daytime so it doesn't get as cool

10. Like what you got going on COD and I totally understand your thinking on the starting numbers. On the grow I'm doing now I started out with 3 reg. Colombian Gold, 8 Bagseed, about 10 days before 12/12 flip I added 2 fem. Church. When I look back on it it seems like over kill but right now 3 weeks into flowering I have the 2 Church ladies, 1 CG, and 1 Dank ass bagseed. Oh and I also got 2 of them in 13qt. trash cans like you they work pretty nicely. As far as the lower night temps. Are you running your lights at night if not try switching over to that and leave the bulk of your dark period for say 10 am to 4 pm. Then do something like 9Pm to 9Am for flowering. I would stress those temps long as it don't get much lower. Remember in mother nature it gets pretty cold some spring nights.
    ~spacejerk234

11. I run my dark time just like you said 10-4. I am done stressing about them. I will put them to 12/12 on monday and get my Carbon ready.

Peace

12. send emm to me :p

13. Well guys after replanting in larger container my plants have been thriving and getting larger. some are growing better then others as you can see in the pictures. the very small ones are about 3 weeks younger then the taller three.

I also posted a couple shots of some sick leaves

I changed my lights to 12/12 today so well know in about a week if i have any girls.

I split a gallon of water for them today with my general organics I am so worried i will over feed them and in the morning they will all be dead haha.

http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/feeding_charts/GO_MYSF-FeedChart.pdf

I have been pulling off the leaves that turn real yellow.

Check it out and comment away!!!!

Thanks

Attached Files:

14. coastal! or anyone have anythoughts on the spots on my leaves? They are growing!!!!

15. I run my 400w about a foot above the girls, so lights too close should not be your problem. They love it and stay short and bushy and they are sativa's

16. Your plants are asking for phosphorous (p), it's either locked out due to too low of a ph, lacking in the nutrients that you are using, or lacking in the soil, and i'd hazzard a guess at the ph being too low. Now you need to look at why it's too low, and it's usually that your plants are being watered too often, leaving them without a dry period (wet to dry cycle) that they need to increase the ph of the soil as it dry's out and gains o2, or the water and nuted water that you are feeding them is too low. P like 6.5-6.8 in dirt.
    You can spoon some bonemeal or seabird guano over the top and water down thru it, that's what i do when i put a plant into flower, the transition period is really really nutritionally demanding. Especially for phosphorous. Good luck.

17. Looking good! or am i missing somthing.

Attached Files:

18. Lookin pretty good, still needing a higher ph I'm guessing cuz I'm assuming u r feeding it well but it's still turnin a little red, meaning phosphorus is locked out most likely from a low ph, u can use 1 tbsp baking soda to a gallon of water poured around the base of the plants, don't folar feed tho it will plug the leaves, like the guy before said it could be from not giving it enough dry time before waterings but still looking good mane

Good luck!

19. well here are some shots from today. It has been since 5/24 and my girls are looking good and budding nicely. should some of my hairs already be turning brown? cause they are.

thanks

Attached Files:

20. looks like she hungry for nutrients.