8 day flush

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by organicdan, May 31, 2012.

1. Is it cool to harvest after only 8 days of flush? I only fed twice with general organics go box nutes and that was over a month ago its been ro water ever since.

2. I think so, most people like to go 2 weeks to play it safe, but ive reD many accounts of people only flushing for 7-10 days with no ill effects. Assuming you did a thorough flush and didnt feed heavily, it should be fine.

I myself have a sativa pheno that ripened lot faster than expected, and will be chopping only 8 days after flushing, so it looks like im about to find out! ;)

Good luck!

3. I think ill be fine and now im cutting tomorrow so its more like 10 days and i havent fed for like 3-4 weeks it was also a half dose.

4. Do you have to flush first, before harvesting?

5. [quote name='"Carl Poot"']Do you have to flush first, before harvesting?[/quote]

No, but it is highly recommended. The end result is a very smooth, tasty bud. When you flush the plant and stop feeding nutes, it forces the plant to use its stored energy in the leaves. This ends up giving a much smoother, more flavourful smoke.

6. Thanks guys im cutting today when i get off work yay!

7. [quote name='"badboy287"']Flush?[/quote]

That's what I'm saying. That only works if you have a bunch of salt build up from things a plant wouldn't want anyways......

Organic movement is strong my friend. Haha.

8. Jerks. Duh im gonna go organic this is my second grow i only fed twice with "organic nutes" but last time i didnt flush and so my smoke had a hint of fishiness too it...just trying to avoid that so yes flush.