77% of Americans Believe in Medical Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by BleedSeed, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Just like the Gallop poll before, a recent CBS News poll performed at the end of Oct. 2011 showed a majority of 51 percent of fine upstanding American continue to think that cannabis use should be illegal (sort of) ... Yet support for specifically allowing doctors to prescribe medical cannabis for serious medical conditions, or legalized "medical" cannabis, is far stronger... currently 77% Americans think mmj should be allowed.

Even though most Americans support the use of medical marijuana for the sick and suffering, just 3 in ten think that the product currently being bought in this country under state-authorized medical marijuana programs is being used in the way it has been authorized: for alleviating suffering from serious medical conditions. Wait till the scientific community get's a hold of the cannabis seed oils and all of the great properties that are hidden in it.
    :smoke:

2. Did you mean to say 51% think it should be legal?

3. It was a CBS poll and they said ..."A recent CBS News Poll conducted nationwide finds 40 percent of Americans think the use of marijuana should be legal, while 51 percent think it should not."

... I'm thinking that 51% number has a lot of closet dwellers in it.

4. Poll: Public supports medical marijuana, but not full pot legalization

According a recent CBS News poll conducted at the end of October, a slim majority of 51 percent continues to think that marijuana use should be illegal. But support for specifically allowing doctors to prescribe marijuana for serious medical conditions - or legalized "medical" marijuana - is far stronger: 77 percent Americans think it should be allowed. snipped

I am leery of any poll by main stream media,,our government uses them for too much propaganda for them to have my trust,,I would believe a poll by Jon Stewart on the Comedy channel more.

5. Agreed... Ste-'wart' tells it like it is. Warts and all! Again if all of the closet dwelling, loafer wearing, desk jockey's would own up to their personal consumption of canna-blis all would benefit.:smoke: