75% humidity week 7 flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Garyrounds91, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Can any body tell me if these numbers are to high IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0407.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. 74% humidity is a touch high. Hopefully it’s not there too long.
    59 degrees during your dark period is slightly cool, but otherwise all looks great to me.
    77 is just about perfect.
    49% is good too.
    Carry on..

• Like Like x 1
  3. I deal with high humidity in the summer, often even higher. Got tired of fighting it with dehumidifiers because of the intake/exhaust always sucking in fresh humid air I never gained much ground. All i do now is run plenty of fans above and below the canopy and a good exhuast system that dumps away from the grow. Keep the air moving and I've never had mold issues. I only run a dehumidifier in my drying area if the humidity gets to high.

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 Superglued, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    I’m no expert but 75% humidity seems really high for flower. Everything I’ve read has said no higher than 50% because bud rot can set in. 50% is even a bit risky. Your plants look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #5 generic98547, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Nah average ole plants can handle high humidity.... The key is ventilation simple as that. I've flowered in 85%+ humidity with no problems you just need enough air flow to prevent mold yada yada. Now if you have a strain that happens to grow donkey dicks then you may want to keep humidity lower but for the most part people grow normal sized plants.

Also 50% in flower isn't a risk at all for mold. It's just trial and error but I'm speaking from experience and it seems all the people over the past few years that told me I would SURELY fail and develop mold have never tried it for themselves. (I'm not saying you are that type of person)They would jump on dehumidifiers and whatnot and I do not have that extra electricity to spare... Dehumidifiers are power hogs that increase heat and are pointless unless humidity spikes to the 90's and you are afraid your lights will be damaged. But again I've had occasional 90% weeks during rainy summers with no issue that goes for my lights too thankfully. Though I have seen people's lights give out from the moisture in the air.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/highti...ing-vapor-pressure-deficit/amp/?source=images

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. The good news is that it don't appear to stay that high, most likely peaking during lights out. Keep the air moving. 50% isn't an issue at all as far as I'm concerned. We have brutal winters sometimes dipping into the single digits humidity wise and really humid summers, 90%+ in the Midwest. I've adapted my ways. Didn't have a choice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just make sure you have good air flow amd make sure you look through your buds for signs of any mold.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I got a tiny dehumidifier off eBay for like $30 and bought it down by about 20% was well worth it.

9. Could run humidifier lights off only. Looks like your day is good, but like said above best is good air flow if nothing else possible. That and yeah fresh air.

10. I fight the opposite low rh. Just watch for PM

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1